Kerry's Plan:

j4nash

While Kerry was in Nam, Bush had his face buried in a pile of coke, a la Scarface.

The point is your hero the War Zero Kerry equates Terrorism to Prostitution and gambling. Should it really be a law enforcement issue vs military as he suggested? Heck maybe we could send the LA PD over to Afghanistan.

i like the suggestions of when we initially went over there...send the Mob to do it...they would not only kill the terrorists but everyone in their families...

with regards to bush whereabouts during nam...i don't really care. i don't care that kerry was there. good for him, i applaud him for his service...but i do not appluad the way he treated his servicemen when he got back..accusing them of hanus crimes...he is a traitor IMO.

While Kerry was in Nam, Bush had his face buried in a pile of coke, a la Scarface.

The point is your hero the War Zero Kerry equates Terrorism to Prostitution and gambling. Should it really be a law enforcement issue vs military as he suggested? Heck maybe we could send the LA PD over to Afghanistan.

The only reason terrorism is such a big issue in the U.S. is because we have never experienced it on our soil before. In other countries (like London, for example) there have been terrorist attacks for years; granted, they have occurred on a much smaller scale, but still, they are used to it and have mostly accepted it as a normal part of everyday life. If you think about it, it is a miracle we hadn't been attacked like we were on 9/11 long before.

Right after 9/11 Georgie Boy took advantage of the country while it was still in shock to ram through the Iraq war. This is something that ultimately makes us less safe, due to a lack of focus on bin Laden, and, more importantly, our own national security. We are just as vulnerable now as we were before 9/11 (some say more vulnerable) because we have a significant amount of resources in another country, when we really need them here.

I don't think Kerry has said that terrorism is only as significant as prostitution, has he? If so, please link to the quote. I'm going to call :icon_bs: on that and just say that Kerry actually is looking at terrorism for what it is, nothing more, nothing less, and is trying to get Americans to see that there is more to a Presidency than his ability to send our kids off to war to fight a dubious enemy. We have other matters at hand, like national security, the economy, business ethics/practices, the environment, health care, unemployment, Social Security, outsourcing, the list goes on and on.....I hope you know what should be on this list.

But the Bush administration is a one-trick pony. They are playing the terrorism card for all it's worth...even when the actions they are taking are doing nothing to make our country safer. The truth is, the only thing Bush has done well since he has been in office is (1) alienate our allies, and (2) start a war guaranteed to make his buddies rich. That's it. He has nothing else to run on - if he did, he would - you would be hearing about it - but he doesn't, so he can't. It's sad and unfortunate, but true. They continue to stoke the fears of everyone in this country and this is really effective in assuring that we will be distracted so much that we can't see how horribly they're running the rest of our domestic and foreign affairs.

I am enclosing a link to a video excerpting parts of speeches from speakers at the GOP Convention earlier this year in New York. Granted, it is probably put together by some leftist with too mch time on his/her hands, but none of the video excerpts are false or made up, just cut and pasted together. The result is a cohesive and common theme that is clear in its intent - keep the country scared so it cannot see how incompetent the administration is in everything else it does.

Please Note: The following link goes to an 'Over 18' site so be aware of this before clicking on it (it's actually best to right click and 'Save As', left clicking on the link itself may not work):

GOP Video

FYI, most countries around the world are appalled and amazed that Bush, et al, have been able to distract us from what a crappy job he has been doing in everything else by continually whipping out that terrorism card. I am too. I, for one, choose to not be afraid, at least of terrorism, because I don't think it will ever go away. I am, however, afraid of this administration, since it is clear to me that they don't have my country's interest at heart, just their own, and those of their already-rich buddies.

The only reason terrorism is such a big issue in the U.S. is because we have never experienced it on our soil before.  In other countries (like London, for example) there have been terrorist attacks for years; granted, they have occurred on a much smaller scale, but still, they are used to it and have mostly accepted it as a normal part of everyday life.  If you think about it, it is a miracle we hadn't been attacked like we were on 9/11 long before.

we have experienced it on our soil before...forget the first WTC bombings...have you ever read the facts about the oklahoma city tragedy...there is some pretty compelling evidence in there that proves old timmy boy was in cahoots with terrorists...but i suppose that is just all BS to you...not to me..read the facts, get educated.

Right after 9/11 Georgie Boy took advantage of the country while it was still in shock to ram through the Iraq war.  This is something that ultimately makes us less safe, due to a lack of focus on bin Laden, and, more importantly, our own national security.  We are just as vulnerable now as we were before 9/11 (some say more vulnerable) because we have a significant amount of resources in another country, when we really need them here.

so we were just supposed to sit here and get all our ducks in a row while giving the terrorists time to move their location...hide or plan more attacks..good idea :thumbsdown:

we have yet to have an attack since 9/11 becuase of the measures that have been taken. yes i do agree that more could have been done up to date...but this isn't a small task. but you have to keep in mind the things that have been done to thwart terrorism and the plans that are in process...problem with government is red tape...thank you partiot act for getting rid of some of that.

I don't think Kerry has said that terrorism is only as significant as prostitution, has he?  If so, please link to the quote.  I'm going to call  :icon_bs: on that and just say that Kerry actually is looking at terrorism for what it is, nothing more, nothing less, and is trying to get Americans to see that there is more to a Presidency than his ability to send our kids off to war to fight a dubious enemy.  We have other matters at hand, like national security, the economy, business ethics/practices, the environment, health care, unemployment, Social Security, outsourcing, the list goes on and on.....I hope you know what should be on this list.

here is a quote

We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance.

um national security..see above comment...and...the economy is doing well. rebounding, but yes at a less than desirable pace than most would like...doing much better than if we were still taxed the same as in the clinton administration...with regards to business practices and ethics..much of what went on did happen buring the clinton administation..it is just that people found out about it and started bitching just recently. check the dates...

But the Bush administration is a one-trick pony.  They are playing the terrorism card for all it's worth...even when the actions they are taking are doing nothing to make our country safer.  The truth is, the only thing Bush has done well since he has been in office is (1) alienate our allies, and (2) start a war guaranteed to make his buddies rich.  That's it.  He has nothing else to run on - if he did, he would - you would be hearing about it - but he doesn't, so he can't.  It's sad and unfortunate, but true.  They continue to stoke the fears of everyone in this country and this is really effective in assuring that we will be distracted so much that we can't see how horribly they're running the rest of our domestic and foreign affairs.

1 alienate our allies...hmm..those same allies that were profiting from sadam and other countries that have sanctions placed on them...funny, i would think they would want to be alienated if they were in-bed with the enemy. 2 start a war to make his buddies right...you will never understand why we went over there and i will accept that. so i am not going to restate again why indeed we did need to remove sadam from power..and begin the ongoing struggle of supportng peace throughout the middle east...and yes that may involve an severe ass kicking of n korea and iran..not to mention a few other countries...

I am enclosing a link to a video excerpting parts of speeches from speakers at the GOP Convention earlier this year in New York.  Granted, it is probably put together by some leftist with too mch time on his/her hands..... GOP Video

i am not even going to comment on a video found on muchsucko.com...if you are going to provide links and information, try to provide such from credible sites...i'll even take links directly from the DNC or john kerry's website...but that was just a porr attempt...

FYI, most countries around the world are appalled and amazed that Bush, et al, have been able to distract us from what a crappy job he has been doing in everything else by continually whipping out that terrorism card.  I am too.  I, for one, choose to not be afraid, at least of terrorism, because I don't think it will ever go away.  I am, however, afraid of this administration, since it is clear to me that they don't have my country's interest at heart, just their own, and those of their already-rich buddies.

don't be afraid..you shouldn't be...we have an excellent president at the helm getting the job done. crappy job he is doing on everything else? the economy is rebounding...again, see the first statement above...but yes things could be going faster...

the bush administation does not have the countries interests at heart..just their own? i guess that is why the bush administation is trying to get n korea to get rid of it snuclear program...iran as well...but that alliance doesn't count i guess...those countries (china, japan, russia, etc..) don't count i guess...

my suggestion...look at the big picture. we cant' always please everyone in the world. if we did that there would be nothing left of the US. we need to be concerned about ourselves. we have been spending to many years trying not to piss anyone off while behind our backs those countries and people have effectivly stabbed us in the back.

Here's an article from Salon that I doubt you're open-minded enough to read:

Salon Article

Naked it took awhile but you convinced me :banghead: Your not the brightest bulb on the tree :eek:

Naked here is a game for you....lol

Oh and here is your quote,

''We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance,'' the article states as the Massachusetts senator's reply.

''As a former law enforcement person, I know we're never going to end prostitution. We're never going to end illegal gambling. But we're going to reduce it, organized crime, to a level where it isn't on the rise. It isn't threatening people's lives every day, and fundamentally, it's something that you continue to fight, but it's not threatening the fabric of your life.''

Oh, personal attacks again....*yawn*....I could set my watch to you guys.

:crackup::crackup: Right from the Horses mouth... Let me get the crying towel out for you

The following quote by Vox Day

It is inarguable that liberals – in the modern American sense of the word – are the most flawless human beings on the planet. They are smarter, better-educated, wealthier, kinder and morally superior to those benighted quasi-Neanderthals called conservatives, who would like nothing better than to drag society back to the Middle Ages, or, according to some high-minded liberal theorists, the Iron Age.

How do we know this? Why, liberals tell us so!

Perhaps it has escaped me, but I have not personally witnessed any call for a return to the monarchy, much less land grants held in fief, on the part of even the most conservative Republican. And the last time I looked, the Bush administration was very much in favor of steel – certainly the U.S. steel industry appears to be most appreciative of his efforts in enacting a 30 percent tariff on their behalf.

But being a liberal means never having to worry about the facts. Facts can be uncomfortable, and of course, anything that makes anyone uncomfortable is a violation of our constitutional rights. The only fact that matters is the foundational fact that you can only feel what is right, so if a fact happens to contradict your feelings, obviously that fact must be wrong. Sentio, ergo rectum.

Due to this inescapable and irrefutable logic, I have finally been convinced that I will be healthier, happier and wealthier if I join the large-brained ranks of the morally superior elite. I have therefore decided to become a liberal. Already I have benefited greatly from my decision – whereas many previous discussions ended in a frustrating impasse, now, being inestimably more clever and better-looking than before, I am able to win any argument with the greatest of ease. Let me share with you the secret of my success.

Make an untrue statement, preferably on the subject of something about which you know nothing.

Express astonishment that your source could possibly be inaccurate.

Demand what motivation your source would have to lie.

Assert that the other party's inability to articulate this motivation is tantamount to proof that your source is not lying.

Question the motivation of the contrary source.

Argue that all sources are equal and that therefore the contrary source is irrelevant.

Change the subject.

Alternatively ...

1. Make an untrue statement.

2. Deny that you said what you said.

3. Deny that the other party understood what you said.

4. Deny that the words you used mean what the other party claims they mean.

5. Redefine your definition and hope the other person forgets the previous one.

Repeat as needed.

6. Assert that since definitions are irrelevant and subjective, the other person is mean-spirited, racist, sexist, intolerant and obsessive.

7. Change the subject.

Remember: As long as you haven't admitted you're wrong, you are right. Any attempt to demonstrate otherwise is evidence of criminal hate and probably mental imbalance, too. Never forget that an answer to a question you have asked should always be regarded as a personal attack if the answer is something you don't like, and that the answer to all evils personal, spiritual, moral and societal is more government money.

Now, if you don't mind, I should probably go exercise my newfound moral superiority. The world won't save itself, after all – not without the fount of all that is good and wise and smart and cute, which is to say, me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vox Day

well, i have read the article...and it is not that i am closed minded...it is just that i do not believe that :icon_bs: ...that is the writers collection of unpopular opinions on bush...where he switches many or majority when walking about support to "some"...making people think that bush in unpopular...if bush was so unpopular then why do most support him...why do we not see "most" in washington standing up and saying something...cause it is not true....

you may chose to believe that...but i chose to believe something different, something the majority feels...cause the president is doing what is right...the economy is getting better...peopel are getting jobs...and terrorists are being killed.

so there. i know you are but what am i...period. no comebacks...

Archived