HPM TORRENT electric fan kit

sprayed99

This was the last fan kit we ever produced. It was on my Tahoe for 12K miles and works flawlessly. These are very very hard to find.

The fan shroud is not powdercoated it was sprayed with black epoxy

The control harness is the 2nd gen harness with the ABS box

If you need pictures of the harness I can get them tomorrow as it is not off the truck yet.

These are also the newest curved blade Spal fans.

Price is 500 shipped and insured FIRM!

CAM00079_zpsac2ba59c.jpg

So are these plug and play? If so I will buy it.

As soon as you let me know I will send payment depending on when I get the response if might not be till the evening when I get off work

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

So are these plug and play? If so I will buy it.As soon as you let me know I will send payment depending on when I get the response if might not be till the evening when I get off work[/quote
So are these plug and play? If so I will buy it.As soon as you let me know I will send payment depending on when I get the response if might not be till the evening when I get off work

Yes other than the tune to activate the fans. I will also take pictures of the box as it comes off so you have a guide where everything routes.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Okay now I was doing a little reading right now and some folks were saying that efans might not be the best for stop and go traffic which is what I have to deal with a lot. Can someone give some more insight to this. What are the cons for efans? (Then again that was on a tbss forum and plus the 05-06 came with them)

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

Okay now I was doing a little reading right now and some folks were saying that efans might not be the best for stop and go traffic which is what I have to deal with a lot. Can someone give some more insight to this. What are the cons for efans? (Then again that was on a tbss forum and plus the 05-06 came with them)

Please clarify why they are saying this? It would be really interesting to hear their theory.....

Awesome fan kit, the only issue I had was relay related other than that flawless.

Buy it or someone else will, you won't be sorry.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

Awesome fan kit, the only issue I had was relay related other than that flawless.Buy it or someone else will, you won't be sorry.Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

On this kit I used bosch relays which are more expensive. Also on all joints they are crimped, soldered, and double wall adhesive heat shrink. I spent a little bit more on my harness just because I had to buy the parts as we were out of stock on harness supplies.

When I meant relay related I actually had green corrosion forming on the terminals/connectors and am not sure what caused it but I replace the relay, cleaned the terminal and put some dielectric grease in the connectors and its it still working flawlessly.BTW customer service was very good also north Steve and Danny went out of their way to help me figure out the problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

When I meant relay related I actually had green corrosion forming on the terminals/connectors and am not sure what caused it but I replace the relay, cleaned the terminal and put some dielectric grease in the connectors and its it still working flawlessly.BTW customer service was very good also north Steve and Danny went out of their way to help me figure out the problem.Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

:thumbs:

As long you have the fans to kick on at a certain temp, you wont have a issue. My wife has E fans on her TBSS and is in Stop and go traffic all the time, The fans never let here down. The fans will kick on at whatever temp you have them set at. If E fans were that big of a problem GM wouldnt have gone with them for the last 22 or so years.

Pros are less weight than the stock clutch setup and shroud.

Frees up HP

I dont really see any cons to doing this.