HID KITS

1quicktruck

I keep looking at HID kits and I get confused about digital and dc vs ac ballast also alot is being said about bulb design. Even if you bought a kit, just how good is the customer service after the purchase. From what I read ac ballast are the best but are they worth the extra bucks and it appears most hid kits come from China and if you want the others from Germany or Japan you pay 3 or 4 time as much.

I know the old saying 'you get what you pay for' From what I read Daytime driving lights and HID do not mix without some modification to eliminate the daytime lights on all the time. Starting with the lights on makes it hard on the ballast as well as the bulb and shortens the life of you kit

DDm tunning seems to have a good warranty and a fair price but Ebay has some cheap China kits for around 25.00. I wonder how good they are ?.

DDM tuning HIDs are super cheap and there quality is spotty. I have had multiple sets from DDM and some of them lasted a long time and others went out way too quick. So it can be kinda hit or miss.

The thing that pisses me off about DDM is it can take a month to get your bulbs.

I have switched too xenonsupply.com for all my HID needs. They have fast shipping good service and they are still fairly inexpensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What about K. Brown Customs? Member on this site. Supposedly sold hids, good price, lifetime warranty. I wonder if he's still around. Might be better to deal with him instead of DDM.

No way would i ever suggest K.brown there in a negative post with many people never getting stuff. 1 of them being me i sent him money for leds and hids and got nothing from him and he will not respond anymore

I spoke to him on the phone about getting some HID's. I felt like I just got off a Navy ship after speaking with him. Diarrhea of the mouth. That turned me from him quick.

hahahaIi love it. I have not liked him from day 1 and no one seemed to understand why. Guess who's laughing now lol.

I've tried all different types, but I'm ordering a set from a new source called theretrofitsource.com, John (Kelleyperformance) turned me on to them he put them on a car he just did and said they look really good so I'm going to give it a try. The price for a set are $150. Remember, you get what you pay for especially in auto parts.

Edited by K.P.VHO (see edit history)