intermittent right turn signal issue, cruise control issue, and HID fa

well, the HID issue is probably as simple using cheap ebay HID kits. and for the price, theyre not that bad. im more curious if anyone knows how EXACTLY to test ballasts/bulb elements, like what type of reistance, ac/dc, etc etc. it'd be good info to have.

now onto the part thats really got me tweaked. so my cats were clogged, i straight piped the truck, and had it re-tuned to pass emissions. truck runs and sounds awesome. i have a kia that i use for my work beater, so ive been working on the truck's issues one by one since that. i took the truck for an 80 mile ride last weekend as it was going to sleet/snow, and noticed that my cruise control wouldnt come on. the icon on the cluster, nothing. so, i start thinking a bit, and the next morning, i notice that my right turn signal doesnt work. the indicator on the cluster for the right side has been bad for a while, so i know its not that (im sending the cluster out soon for LED upgrade and repairs. i hear a CLICK from under the dash by my right shin, and all bulbs (turn signals) light, but dont blink off. left turn signal works fine. hazards, all bulbs stay on. the cruise control and the turn signal problems, unfortunately, are intermittent. after i first noticed this, i was on the highway a day or two later and tried the cruise, worked perfectly. turn signal worked perfectly as well. on the return trip, the problem came back up. i cant make heads or tails of this, im hoping someone has had this issue before.

It could be the actual whole switch assembly in the turn signal/ wiper lever. You have to replace the entire thing, which is easy. I would remove the steering column cover and move the wiring around and see if you can find a short. Otherwise its going to be just strictly diagnostics until you find the issue. Unless you can make a friend at a dealer and have them help you out. They deal with this kind of thing all the time. Offer to pay for the service advisors lunch, you would be surprised what they do for a free lunch/

Agree with Blown ^^^^

I'd check for possible DTC's with a scan tool, there might be a couple set for electrical faults. Do like Blown said, pull off the column cover, and check for wires shorted together coming from the multi-function switch (turn signal lever). Possibly with two functions of the switch having intermittent issues at the same time, the multi-function switch itself is at fault. They are pretty inexpensive on eBay, you wouldn't be out too much money just replacing the switch to see what happens!