Trade my truck for a gibbs???

LilEz02

Well ss family, I have a predicament on my hands. I found a beautiful 2005 Joe Gibbs Tahoe for sale locally. To make a long story short going through all of the bank and the other situations, to make it happen I would have to most likely trade in my 2002 silverado. Now I know it ain't much but I've had it for 10 years and have put so much work and it's ridiculous. Now they would have to give me a decent number for it to consider. I'm just torn and the last 2 days have been killing me. I know ill never find a joe gibbs Tahoe for sale again. It's as close to perfect as u can find. 55k with the supercharger. Black with tan leather. My truck now is a 4.8 reg can long bed. I've cammed it, various trans upgrades and a built rear end with Tru track and gear swap. I haven't even got the truck wet in the last 2 years except 3 washes. Help me make a decision guys. It's tearing me up cause in the big picture I get a rare rare truck that is very uncommon (#83) but the sentimental attachment I have to mine is through the roof.

Make it happen. Get that tahoe. You owe it to yourself and your family. I know you're attached to that '02, but you won't regret the trade up. If the bank offers you less than what you want for it, sell it to a private buyer on Craigslist etc. for your asking price. :thumbs:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Earl. I know how attached you are to the truck. If it were me, I would trade it for the Tahoe. It can serve double duty as a family hauler, and a rare truck (SUV) for the car shows. Then in a few years when you stumble upon the deals you tend to come by on another truck. Build that one and have fun with both.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Earl. I know how attached you are to the truck. If it were me, I would trade it for the Tahoe. It can serve double duty as a family hauler, and a rare truck (SUV) for the car shows. Then in a few years when you stumble upon the deals you tend to come by on another truck. Build that one and have fun with both. Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

X2

This sounds like a good way to go to me.

I've talked to the dealer and there gonna get real close or right on what I thinks fair for it. It's not a ton over book but I know not to ask the world for it cause it's still booked out as a work truck package. Working at a dealership so long I got a slight advantage. They are asking 18,500 for the Tahoe which seems reasonable I think. Hard to judge cause NADA or kbb don't list a joe gibbs package. All we can work off is what book on a 4wd LT tahoe is and at new the package it has was 8800 and the s/c was a 5400 option. I do feel it is a major trade up. I feel kinda stuck on mine cause all I have left to do is really expensive things like forced induction, and z06 brakes and stuff. And man I would love starting over on the Tahoe. 2 close friends are recommending the same thing. One made a good that what chance will I get again to move into a vehicle I could be this happy with in the future. I'm just so on edge cause of the time and sentimental value I have in it. Thanks for your guys opinions and advice. It means a lot to be able to discuss this with people I have known for years and value your feedback

I say go for it Earl. Like said before you may never get this chance again. From the pics it looks super clean. Once you have it then you have a rare gem not many people have or even seen.

Do the deed man. Be glad the dealer isnt giving you auction value. I thought about trading mine in and they quoted me 10k as that is what they could get for a similiar truck at auction. They thought I was naive, but I knew they were just seeing what a LT crewcab with a 5.3 would get at auction. The nada on it was 18000 private party and 14500 trade in. I told them to shove it. You would probably be happy with the tahoe, plus you could upgrade it just like you would your single cab. Rare, something you love, and a gmt800 platform.....sounds like a great package of benefits!