talk me into keeping the truck

GI.SS

I have seriously been considering trading my truck in for a ctsv or a diesel. Im really on the fence about it and have already sold some parts off my truck. (really good excuse for bigger and badder stuff) My truck has 103k miles on it and I owe around $12K on it still. I figured it was time to cut my losses and move on. But I just bought a house a few months ago and my credit score dropped a bunch from all the inquries and the mortgage hasnt even posted to my report yet so it looks like im a loser! ohh well, just my rant. I need some motivation to keep her and slap the cam I have into the beast. So far i sold some ported heads I have, my cal tracs, and headers (1 3/4) I figured i Could invest about $1k into the truck and run some low 12 sec times on the bottle. Help me out here fella's tax season is around the corner and I could use some sound advice.

I had for sale signs on mine for about a month. My wife reminded me of why I bought it in the first place (a perfect project truck) and she told me to get something for it and I did...you just need to start turning wrenches on it man..and like said above, it will do the talking. Diesels are easy, and expensive, they have something very similiar to a corvette tax. I wanted one then started weighing the costs to maintain and upgrade and changed my mind. I looked at the new 5.0 mustangs because of their hp and I realized that even though I tow nothing, I am still a truck guy and wouldnt have been happy. Make it a point to give that truck some love and some new parts and you will renew the vigor

Spray it if you are looking for the times but cam it to fall back in love with it man a 1000 is perfect for a cam kit man just choose wisely honestly if I were you I'm assuming you just going cam it and be done with it for a while get a torquer v cam! Or look into a g8 man honestly I've been looking into a g8 lately and also considering one of the new 5.0s but I already take em both with my ss but man if I had a cammed g8 that would be sick! Its a close call man really close call g8 gets much better gas mileage and can still have 5 people

thanks for the words guys! it truely is like a family (even with the same old bickering :uhoh: ) Im not sold on the G8 at all. it would suit my need for the LS powerplant and 4 doors, but other than that I think theyre butt ugly and dont come with a t56. Only things I have sold were my heads, headers, and cal tracs. But tax season is right around the corner :jester: Other than moving into the house, with all the costs incurred and being as young as I am, it all hit my credit pretty hard. This year was pretty tough financially for me (having another kid, buying the house) I'm sure it will all work its way out with time. Tax season should fix the debt to income ratio, its just the number of inquiries that I cant get rid of for 2 years. Plus iv owned the house since august and it doesnt even show on my report yet neither which isnt helping. After my cluster shit the bed, I kinda gave up on her.Sent her off the Steve to get fixed and is gonna cost a pretty penny. I still have my cam and converter. Which should put me where I want power wise. I want to put her on the bottle, But I know its addicting, I need to start with a small simple kit and progress to where I want to be. I dont think I can swing the spray anytime soon. Gotta pay them bills off first, then see what I have left. At the moment, I dont see me shooting for any records anytime soon. But I do see me pushing what I do have! That is if I keep her. I really havent driven her much this year at all, been in the shop all summer, went to the track once, didnt but many miles on her up until now. I need to enjoy her more, that would probably help a whole lot too.

Keep it man and I'll challenge you for the #1 spot under fastest stock long block. That is if I don't blow the lq9 lol. I'm gonna need someone to put up a fight with me in that class, and we're both RWD. Lol

??????

Ill play with ya on that :greddy: bring some motivation back into my life with her.

Spray it if you are looking for the times but cam it to fall back in love with it man a 1000 is perfect for a cam kit man just choose wisely honestly if I were you I'm assuming you just going cam it and be done with it for a while get a torquer v cam! Or look into a g8 man honestly I've been looking into a g8 lately and also considering one of the new 5.0s but I already take em both with my ss but man if I had a cammed g8 that would be sick! Its a close call man really close call g8 gets much better gas mileage and can still have 5 people

g8s are beasts with cam and full bolt on. My buddie has one and we ran a 08 gt500 and got it by a length from a 60 roll! they move out for there weight.

Do what makes you happy. I owned my SS for 10 years?? I had dreams of building a beast so I bought a converter a procharger headers etc. then other bills and this thing called life started to take over.

I sold the parts drove the truck and bought a dd. well then the truck sat and things started to show signs of wear. When it came time to take my newborn son in it it was such a pain in the ass that I just parked the truck. No room had to move the seats blah blah. Well then I put it up for sale. It finally sold and I have to tell you some days I miss the hell outta that truck, but I don't miss filling the tank up with 93!!! Yeah they are nice trucks and yeah I miss it bit there are other vehicles out there. Yes I went to the dark side.

But again do what makes you happy if it takes putting a cam in it and driving do it!!! But remember this parts break and bills add up. Also you gotta say to yourself when is enough enough. Just my 02! Good luck and post pics!!