What's the hold up with Truck of the Month?

MID12sSSS

Has TOTM finally fallen off? I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed participating in this friendly competition every month. Whether I entered my truck in the running, or just partaked in votes. I'm not suggesting it start back up tomorrow, but I'd definitely like to see it happen in the near future. With it being winter, a lot of our trucks are tucked snug in their garages, but come spring, I think TOTM would be a great opportunity to have all these new members show off their new trucks, as well as see some of ours and get an idea of what a great looking SS looks like. :lol::cheers: I'm sure some of us have been working hard this winter, and will have lots of new goodies to show off soon.

Anyway, I hope to see this event up and running in the near future. If lack of support on this site is contributing to TOTMs disappearance, maybe there is something I can do to help. I'm on this site about 3 hours a day anyway. :lol: Not sure how it works, but if the site is in need of another supporting member, I'm game.

:peelout:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

TOTM fell off mid year due to a complete lack of participation across the board. It didn't make sense to keep having the same 5 trucks nominated each contest, having the same 25 members vote each contest. There are hundreds online here daily, there is no reason why there shouldn't be more people casting a ballot.

That being said, Mark and I did recently mention starting the contest again, but everyone needs to be on board with it, or TOTM will stay in hybernation. Why don't we make this an open discussion? Please tell us your thoughts....

I would think L8ERBRO would be a good TOTM with that hood and tailgate and the 15k budget when its done cant wait to see it done.

Haven't read his build thread yet. I'll have to do that.

i was thinking the exact same thing a few hours earlier! theres a bunch of new guys recently and would be nice to spice it up for them...

My thoughts exactly. Make the site a little more exciting. Give everyone something to strive for. And you know what would be really cool, is that all the winners of each month be put in the SSS yearly calendar. Rather than having a seperate poll for the calendar. So, say, if I was February's TOTM, I'd secure the spot for February in the calendar, and so on and so forth. So it'd be a calendar of all I the TOTM winners. Maybe even have a little watermark with their screen name in the corner of the pictures? Idk. Lol. Just brainstorming a little.

TOTM fell off mid year due to a complete lack of participation across the board. It didn't make sense to keep having the same 5 trucks nominated each contest, having the same 25 members vote each contest. There are hundreds online here daily, there is no reason why there shouldn't be more people casting a ballot.

That being said, Mark and I did recently mention starting the contest again, but everyone needs to be on board with it, or TOTM will stay in hybernation. Why don't we make this an open discussion? Please tell us your thoughts....

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's a shame that there was so little participation in the contest. Like you said, traffic flow of hundreds of people visiting every day, and no one entered. Hopefully if we give it another try, people will partake in the competition. I too am guilty for not entering. I've voted every time I saw an open TOTM poll, but I never entered myself because I wanted to wait until my truck was "finished". Lol.

But, if there isn't enough participation for a TOTM, maybe we could atleast do a truck of the quarter TOTQ. I think breaking it up into 4 sections rather than 12, will result in a lot more people participating in each competition.

i really like the calender idea! also something to show they were a recent winner of TOTM. sorta how mods and donating members have their name in a different font or color. give them a little OG respect! :ninja::ninja:

i really like the calender idea! also something to show they were a recent winner of TOTM. sorta how mods and donating members have their name in a different font or color. give them a little OG respect! :ninja::ninja:

I've seen this a few times. But mostly it's just people putting "January 2013 TOTM Winner" in their sig or heading.

I joined the site last year and love it. I would love to try and win truck of the month. But I think a lot of guys are like you Brandon. I'm one of them who thinks, well I'll give it a try when my truck is done. And I am now starting to figure out my truck will probably never be "done". And yeah the idea of TOTM being a secured spot for the calendar is a great idea. So I am wondering if there is anyway to encourage people more? On a car audio forum I'm on they give the monthly winner something that is provided by a sponsor of the site or a vendor. Nothing crazy. But I love our trucks and all the info that's here. And would love to see more people get involved.

Maybe an official SilveradoSS.com sticker ? something thats different and earned by winning TOTM other than just buying one. im sure we can raise funds for something like this relatively easily. So they can show it off at shows and too their buddies with busted rides :thumbsup: maybe something like this...

SilveradoSS.com

TOTM January

instead of putting the voting thread in the TOTM thread you should put it on top of the main homepage right above the gallery like the old shoutbox was. that way everyone who loads the page would vote no matter what

Maybe an official SilveradoSS.com sticker ? something thats different and earned by winning TOTM other than just buying one. im sure we can raise funds for something like this relatively easily. So they can show it off at shows and too their buddies with busted rides :thumbsup: maybe something like this...

SilveradoSS.com

TOTM January

This is a pretty cool idea! I'd where that proudly!

"SilveradoSS.com

Truck of the Month-January 2013"

instead of putting the voting thread in the TOTM thread you should put it on top of the main homepage right above the gallery like the old shoutbox was. that way everyone who loads the page would vote no matter what

This is a good idea as well. I wasn't around for the shoutbox, but putting it on the homepage makes sense. Lol. We've had to stare at the same TOTM winner for how many months now? Lol! And this guy is never even on the forum. :lol: