I'm getting a built transmission put into my truck due to the old one exploding. Since the transmission has to come out I might as well get good size torque converter put in before reinstalling the new tranny. So my question is what size stall is best for a daily driver that will see the track every now and then? And what brand would should I go with

This all depends on what your plans on for the truck. If it's a street truck that is a daily driver/dual purpose vehicle. Then I would suggest a 3200 Triple Disk. That's just my 2 cents, because I plan on still using my truck as a truck and my daily driver. I will tow and haul with it along with taking it to the track whenever I want to. I do plan on changing my engines top end to a L92 head/ LS3 intake manifold. I also plan on installing a bigger cam with supporting valve train upgrades. As for the brand of the torque converter it's really up to you, but DO NOT go cheap. You really get what you pay for with them.

My mods are headers,cai, and I have a built transmission on the way and a nitrous kit I'm going spray a 75 shot also a can coming soon. I was looking at the yank truck thruster 3000 any body have this one I would like to know how good it works

I'd also say Circle D and Pi. Depending in cam size then I'd pick my converter. You cant go wrong if you stay around 3 to 3400. I personally like my 3k. It's a little small for my cam but that's what I chose to run and it runs really well. If your gonna just all out drag race 3400 to 3600.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)