Nitrous beginner here

Anyone used the Nitrous Express proton plus kit? it seems reasonable in price and a good starter kit for a beginner. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks! oh and with a tune, 100 shot of a nitrous and headers will this be enough to push the SSS into the 13.5 range? Thanks again!

Do you have a part number, I tried lookin it up. But any nozzle or plate kit would work. Have you put a high stall converter in there yet? I'd probably do one of those first, but I've done nitrous before a high stall as well. The stall will give you better all time performance where as the nitrous you can choose when you want it.

I however am gonna try and run about a mid 13 with some bolt on's only.

Do you have a part number, I tried lookin it up. But any nozzle or plate kit would work. Have you put a high stall converter in there yet? I'd probably do one of those first, but I've done nitrous before a high stall as well. The stall will give you better all time performance where as the nitrous you can choose when you want it.

I however am gonna try and run about a mid 13 with some bolt on's only.

My bad its not nitrous express its nitrous outlet. Ill have to start checking into a built tranny enventually. Thanks for the advice sir

With a 100 you should easily run 12s I would just spray a 125 you should be good until you start spraying more than a 150 shot on the daily thats usually the limit for stock bottom ends.

Im wanting to stay as safe as possible with just stock internals. I figured a 100 shot wouldnt hurt but a 125 shot is safe also ill check into that also

With a 100 you should easily run 12s I would just spray a 125 you should be good until you start spraying more than a 150 shot on the daily thats usually the limit for stock bottom ends.

Im wanting to stay as safe as possible with just stock internals. I figured a 100 shot wouldnt hurt but a 125 shot is safe also ill check into that also

I wouldn't be all that concerned with the stock bottom end as much as you guys are saying... These things are a beast fromt he factory... Just make sure to have a really good tune and really good fuel and a stock bottom end will get you in the low 11's without anything else done to it... If you plan on reving out past 7K rpms I'd definatley get some ARP stud and rod bolts at least but if your under that you will be good... Just be sure to go wet kit and seperate fuel tank if you want to go above 100shot so not to put to much strain on the fuel system...

The proton kit is a great beginner kit. Most tuners don't go crazy aggressive on the tune and leave some wiggle room. You will be able to spray 100 without any mods to your truck. Gap your plugs right and run some 93 if you have it. If your still uneasy splash some 110 in the tank and you will be more than fine. Start small and do your research! There's plenty of writeups about any questions you may have

you should be good until you start spraying more than a 150 shot on the daily thats usually the limit for stock bottom ends.

Lol I guess my camaro that had a 250 on it should have blow up after 50 bottles and a ton of track passes. It is all how you set it up and tuning.

This is why some people shouldn't give advise :)

I think what Jason is getting at is the stock bottom end isn't going to be the issue. As it rarely ever is.

The general consensus is that you can run 150 shot on stock internals if your tune is spot.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)