What headers should I get

mando28

Im not sure if the part of nevada your in gets snow or not,or if you drive anywhere that does. But if so, Pace setter etc will not last to long if you do. Hence why they are $400. In my opinion get a good qaulity brand name header thats built with good metal, like ARH, Kooks,etc. Yes they are more but the quality is there and they wont rust out....

I also agree, get longtubes, the shorties arent worth the gains. Do what others have said, tune the rear 02's out and get highflow cats and you will pass. You will still have cats and your computer will show no fault codes from the rear o2 sensor simulators. Otherwise put the money elsewhere.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Also be ready to extract your factory bolts from the head because they snap the heads off the bolts fairly easy if that's out of your skill level it might be something you might wanna have someone with experience handle for you.

If they break you'll have to weld a new bolt onto what's left in your head if you don't have a welder then your already not prepared for the job and by the time you get your stock manifolds off it'll be to late and need a tow to someone that can do the job that is if they even wanna take the job at that point.

When I ordered my ARH LTs my guy told me straight up if I break all the heads off the bolts he wouldn't finish the job said if he has to extract bolts its gonna because he broke them so a little food for thought.

Not really worth the trouble for shortys in my opinion Lts offer gains that are worth the trouble

i'd talk to some other Nevada members see what they have done to pass the testing maybe there is away around it with long tube who know can only ask and see, in my opinion if LTs arnt possible for ya id look into another mod to put the $$$ toward (idk your mods off hand just suggesting) like a torque converter, nos kit, maybe pulley down,servos, or if your looking to just get alil more sound out of it maybe a catback system or a new muffler, but id contact some members first and see if they gota way to run the LTs somewhat legal

good luck :thumbs:

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

put long tubes get high flow cats and have the rear o2's tuned out. now days the just plug in under the dash. i think you should be fine their are plenty of people in cali that have long tubes.

I'm going to look into this cuz I would prefer some long tubes

Any specific brand you think is good?

i'd talk to some other Nevada members see what they have done to pass the testing maybe there is away around it with long tube who know can only ask and see, in my opinion if LTs arnt possible for ya id look into another mod to put the $$$ toward (idk your mods off hand just suggesting) like a torque converter, nos kit, maybe pulley down,servos, or if your looking to just get alil more sound out of it maybe a catback system or a new muffler, but id contact some members first and see if they gota way to run the LTs somewhat legal

good luck :thumbs:

Thnx I am going to look into this

Don't know many Nevada members lol

Im not sure if the part of nevada your in gets snow or not,or if you drive anywhere that does. But if so, Pace setter etc will not last to long if you do. Hence why they are $400. In my opinion get a good qaulity brand name header thats built with good metal, like ARH, Kooks,etc. Yes they are more but the quality is there and they wont rust out....

I also agree, get longtubes, the shorties arent worth the gains. Do what others have said, tune the rear 02's out and get highflow cats and you will pass. You will still have cats and your computer will show no fault codes from the rear o2 sensor simulators. Otherwise put the money elsewhere.

I'm going to check with some tuners here in Las Vegas to see if they can do it

I think zippy is here again