This should be fun

Brentd

So my best friend and I are planning a really cool and fun project. The idea is to build a dream car, learn a lot in the process, and piss off the Ford fans around the country. We are looking for a 67 or 68 fastback roller. We have bid on a few, been outbid, and gonna try our luck on last second bidding on the one we are watching now. It's gonna be a pro touring car. We have found a company that builds chassis to set the uni body on so it should be much more rigid not having a motor and suspension bolted to sheet metal. Found an Eleanor body kit for 4k and a really cool Modern style Shelby hood(can't stand the Eleanor hood). Oh and for the pissing folks off part: LS 2 T56 combo will be pushing it around. The company that makes the chassis is going to let us ship the motor and trans to them from whomever we buy it from, they will even store it if we find a good deal before we are ready to get the chassis, so that they can mock it all up and mount the mounts and cross member in the right spots. This is going to be a blast!

Found the car, comes with a 351 cleveland motor and five speed stick, not getting used, but cool none the less, oh yea, and a complimentary 89 5.0 GT to source the rear end and other little knick knacks. Think I am gonna take the foxbody for all the work I have been putting into getting this damn car. The fastback had been sold twice since the title had transferred the first time. The guy that bought it, signed the title but never ordered his own, when he sold it, he just gave the next guy the title and handwrite a little bill of sale. That guy then sold it to the guy we are gonna buy it from, and once again just handed him the title and did a piss poor bill of sale. We were worried about how we would get the damn thing titled. I had the guy text me a pic of the title, googled the guy that had forgot to order a title when ownership was transferred to him, got lucky and found his home number and said what the hell, i called him up. Left a message and got a call back about thirty minutes, good old texas guy! He bought the car 19 years ago when he left the military, it felt cool to hear him go down memory lane talking about how that thing had a hole in the hood for the blower to fit through lol. Awesomeness!! Anyways, he said he has no problems transferring the title over if we buy the car from the old man selling it. Best of all, the car is only 2 hours away so we can take two trips to get the 68 and the 89. And all in a morning and afternoon. The guy that will sign the title over is only about 2 hours away too in Conroe. Completely lucked out. Got everything, including the original trim and interior and under dash ac motor/trans and complete 89 gt for 10k. We were outbid on 2 different cars that were just rolling chassis today. They kept going over 10k, and then bam, a complete original car and the luck to find the guy on the title to sign it over to us. Fate was on our side today! Cant wait to roll it in the shop and start taking pictures and writing a checklist on a big dry erase board lol. Just for the curious:http://www.cars-on-line.com/65074.html

Talked to the title place down the road....they said that I would have to have unaltered bills of sale from each purchase, and an affidavit of fact from the original title holder because he scratched out his name in one of the boxes because he had signed the wrong box at first. I figured we were screwed, but I actually found the original title holder on google and called him up and he is gonna send a verification of identity notarized to us as well as an affidavit of correction for the mostake on the title, i drafted up new bills of sale for all the transactions, and sent him one of those to sign as well. We mailed it overnight to him today with money for a notary and to overnight it back. We will still have to go to Conroe Tx to get with the first buyer to get a copy of his DL and to let him sign the original bill of sale when we get it back from the original owner, then we have to get the two subsequent purchasers to give copies of DL and sign bills of sale for each sell and purchase. Talk about a hell of a lot of work, but owning the car with no hitches is the most important thing. Here are a few pics of the car as it sits, going to pick it up Saturday.post-25729-0-65515400-1389735196_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-51221800-1389735222_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-11597500-1389735245_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-98295500-1389735275_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well we got the car last weekend, its definately rough, but a great project either way. Sold a jetski that hadnt been ridden in two years and went on a tool shopping spree so that was fun. Got the 351c 4v on an engine stand, trying to figure out if we are gonna rebuild it for performance and sell it or just do a standard rebuild and sell it. Gonna rebuild the c4 transmission too and sell it. Here are a few pictures. Gonna be weird working on an old 351 Cleveland Ford motor when I am so used to fuel injected sbc motors

post-25729-0-02969100-1390935014_thumb.jpg

Fenders are good but the rear quarters look like a third grader did the work lol, just gonna order new ones

post-25729-0-26150300-1390935097_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-85521900-1390935113_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-48234200-1390935146_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-18022600-1390935184_thumb.jpg

Thanks bud...caught a wild hair about 830 and decided to tear the 351 down...by 1145 everything was stripped off the block and all the tools were put up lol...wrapped the cam and crank in trash bags covered the crank in grease and the cam in oil cuz i dont know when we'll get around to putting it back together. First time breaking into a Ford engine so it was pretty cool..thing hasnt had oil in it in years so it was sticky as hell and dirty too. Gotta go get some more ziplocks tommorrow so i can wrap up the pistons.

post-25729-0-62225200-1390983651_thumb.jpgpost-25729-0-73649300-1390983664_thumb.jpgpost-25729-0-33414000-1390983676_thumb.jpgpost-25729-0-00819800-1390983688_thumb.jpg