need help finding new mufflers for my truck

built04SS

Well I'm tired of driving this loud ass truck of mine and really want something wicked sounding not to extremely loud and by no means quite... right now its all 3 inch exhaust true dual with long tube headers into a x pipe with two single chamber flow master... just afraid to spend the money on something and not be happy with it so hopefully maybe some of y'all can give me some suggestions ...thanks!

Edited by Built04 SS (see edit history)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this thread will be opinions. I like my Magnaflow, I have the 5x8x18. Its not too loud but not quiet either.

Ill get a start up video for you so you get a better idea. My exhaust is stock minus the muffler so yours will be a little louder.

Give me a few and Ill post the vid on this post. Click the picture.

th_DSCN2571_zps7be16963.jpg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I love my magnaflow, BUT it does drone at like 65-75mph. I am also headers, no cats, magnaflow straight out. I was told that by adding a cheap ebay resonator it will get rid the drone. This is the route im taking. headers to 3"back, no cats, to x pipe, to 1 resonator on each pipe, to magnaflow, to 3.5" single out. cheap, efficient, perfect sound. MONEY

do you know what type of flowmasters you have? 40 series, 50 series, super 40 etc...?

If we knew what series you had then we would be able to help direct you to a quieter muffler.

I had Flowmaster 50 series SUV's on my SS and it was not loud enough. Replaced them with Glasspacks and it was a little too loud. I have a Magnaflow on my HD and I like it, but there still is a pretty good drone over about 50mph.

I run a dual in out magnaflow dumped and I can't imagine it sounding any better. I get complements daily. Not to loud but all you gotta do is bump the throttle and it will turn heads.