Which K&N to go with??

9secty

Most likely getting an ss this weekend and I found a Granetelli MAF and K&N 77-3050KP intake for 275.00 obo 10k miles on them.

Ive read all of the intake threads and I was wondering why the different part numbers for the 77 series?

ON teh K&N website:

If you put 2003 or 2004 SS it returns part # 77-3023KP
If you put 2005 and newer it returns the 77-3050KP

The pics look a little different but they should technically be the same correct?

If I'm not mistaken 1 is alum or steel n 1 is plastic. I personally would run either of them. The k&n doesn't have as good of flow numbers as others. The granitilli really won't do anything for you. I'd spend the 275 on a Volant and keep my stock MAF.

What about when you guys go thru ca washes or drive in rain? You dont have a issue with water getting to the motor? My wife had a low mount setup like that on her TBSS and her motor almost hydro locked because it.

Nope no probs what so ever I drive in tons of rain here. It rains like 5 days a week lol. It's so long I don't think it can go all the way straight up then bypass the filter.

Save that money and get a tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truck is already mildly tuned but will be getting another as soon as i add a few goodies to go along with the CAM, P&P heads, long tubes no cats and 2.5 flowmasters that the guy has already done.

Thanks all for teh input :)