Need y`alls advice..To gut or not to gut? That is the question

SeannyCash

Brothers and Sisters of my favorite website in the history of man. I have a question...I`m about to put longtubes on the truck and have a street tune. BUT, I would really want to remove the cats all together, mostly because I wanna sound like the Ultimate Warrior eveywhere I go. I know it adds a small amount of HP, but if y`all have done it or wish you did any advise would be awesome! Once again, thanks guys. YOU ARE MY BROTHERS!

I have done it and love the lil xtra sound it gives, the only downside is and it dont bother me like it might some ppl is the smell, you get that raw fume smell other than that i like the mod, would i do it again if i had to start over.... yes i would

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

I have done it and love the lil xtra sound it gives, the only downside is and it dont bother me like it might some ppl is the smell, you get that raw fume smell other than that i like the mod, would i do it again if i had to start over.... yes i would

^^^^^ I agree with BLNAWAY.... With the exception of me putting an x-pipe just before the mufflers to eliminate the unequal exhaust drone and pressure...

I agree with this...When I did my headers I said to bell with cats...love it but the fuel smell is definitely stronger especially on cold starts.

thanks brother!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gut em and throw an x pipe in there. MONEY
sounds good Steve!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Replace them with a straight pipe. I wouldn't gut them, it's a waste of a cat. I'd rather sell them to get some extra funds for the truck.

Plus idk if it's true or not but I've read how some people thought they created turbulence and well it's not benifical to the exhaus flow. Probably non sense but I still wouldn't do it, easier to to jus do away with them, for me at least.

But if your wanting to gut so it looks like you have cats then just find some heat shields and weld them on your pipe so it looks like there's a cat under there.