Powdercoating

Has anyone bought one of these online kits from a company like Eastwood and powder coated their own parts? I ve been thinking about trying it and seeing how it looks.

http://www.eastwood.com/paints.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the job definitely. It's all in the prep work! Also a thing to keep in mind is where you will bake the parts. You must have an oven big enough if you plan on doing rims etc. Me and some of my fellow car club members found an old kitchen oven to bake small parts in.

Yes sir doesn't need to get too hot to bake the powder the right way. But like I said you need to take that into consideration before you buy. You can powder coat all you want but if you cant bake it there is no use for the kit.

I will. I'm going to try it on my intercooler piping to see how it looks. Then I might try the high heat stuff to see how in fairs on my turbos. Intake side of course.

Also do now use your own personal oven for this. You will not be able to cook food in it again.

Sound advise here. Don't go throwin' Mama's cornbread recipe in there after you've used her for powder-coating.

Probally would taste the same. I have an oven in the shop that is used for things like this...........i just don't know if I could fit a rim in it or not. I might have to make my own hot box.