Spend my money!!

I posted this on pt.net but didn't really get the info I was looking for...

If you were to buy a kit right now, which would you buy? Run down of the truck:

2006 Silverado ss

Built 65

Yank 3600ss

Btr custom grind 227/236 .613 .578 113+3

Btr platinum springs

Tbss intake swap

1 7/8 pacesetters

Full3" exhaust

Arp head studs and rod bolts

I'd like to put 150+ down its throat. It's tuned at rpm motorsports in nc. I'm looking for a nice kit, possibly a plate setup. I plan to eventually do a a standalone and switch to a Vic jr with a 4150 plate. I'm looking for which kit you guys recommend for me, also, which plugs are recommended and at what gap? It will be a learning curve for me so I plan to start conservative and increase with confidence. Any advice other than pulling timing?

Think iv narrowed it down to:

nx express proton base kit

Nx express jet kit

Nx express switch panel

Nitrous outlet acc pack incl: bottle heater/bracket, gauge, fpss, nhra fitting, blowdown, purge

Nos 2 stage tps/ rpm window switch

Tr6 plugs gapped .035-.038

Sound about right?

I figure I'll start with a nozzle and depending on if I change intakes or not, when I decide I'll get the corresponding plate.

I have just purchased a NX express kit as well and plan on spraying about 75-100shot ontop of my Radix... I am thinking anything under 150 a shark nozzle would be just fine... I'd highly recommend a SAFE System for your kit.... This way you don't have to worry about your factory injectors, fuel pump, etc... straining to hard or failing/clogging and melting down your motor... All it is, is a external fuel tank with its on pump and solenoids and about a gallon to 2 gallons of whatever fuel you want (race fuel for best results and safety of detonation)... I hear the fuel last or 2-3 10lbs bottles of NO2 before you have to refil it but it also has a gas gauge on it so you can check it anytime you want.... To be 99% safe I would get the window switch, WOT switch, and fuel pressure switch LOL and I think single stage is fine up to 150shot but traction could be an issue out of the whole with 2wd so maybe a prgressive controller ramping from 50-150 would be best for your application... and congrats bud...

things you may still IMO need if I were you...

-NX SAFE system

-Progressive controller

-Shark or Pirhana Nozzle

- bottle opener unless its within reach

-Nitrous arming switch

-Fuel arming switch

-Purge button (I believe its included already in your kit)

-appropriate relays

-switch panel and mounting location...

-Scale to weigh bottle before and after you fill it... (don't want to race someone and start surging the spray and running super rich and Losing LOL)

You may need more or less but this is all I would get to be 99% sure nothing will go wrong... Nitrous is awesome and not harmful if done right and safely..

S/F

James

all the safe system is, is a standalone fuel system. I will be upgrading to one eventually, but I will be building my own with a regulator as it can be done much cheaper and prettier IMO. Along with a plate and Vic JR. everything else is already included minus the scale. I dont want to use a progressive unless I absolutely have too. I will do everything in my power to get the suspension working correctly before buying a progressive. If it comes down to it, then i will get me one, but until then we are going balls out!

I ran an NX kit with a plate in my fbody and always kept 3 bottles full. The plate worked flawlessly for me. But its also more money, and with so many different size intakes now I'd wait untill I knew which intake I'd run before getting a plate. I'd run a nozzle, some people run a dual nozzle setup as well.

I would use a NX kit and do some research on the nozzles them selfs. Some people find one is better then they other.

You can do a bottle heater and opener if needed.

Plugs are the same I ran. I've heard some people say 1 step colder for every 100 hp over stock. So you might even need a 7 considering your other mods. Something to look into?

I personally ran ok with the tr6, and some timing pulled.

Good luck and sounds like you got an 11 sec runner building it's way up there.