The only way to say this is the WINTER been hell on truck. I noticed both my tranny cooler lines were leaking, haven't replaced yet due to -20. But I had NTB due a flush and filter figuring I'll go back once a swapped the lines for a fill.

Now up shifting has become a struggle it seems. It takes it about 300RPM or 5-10SECS up shift from any gear. When im at 40% under on throttle the truck shifts fine. codes are:

P0116 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range/Performance

P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control

P0128 Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)

P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0132 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

O2 sensors need replacing?

P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfuction

P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

p0740-1 are my tranny issues what do you think deal is?

I am redoing both drive shafts u-joints and balance. Also a front driveside diff seal.This thursday.

I just replaced all four of my O2 sensors last weekend. After seeing the prices at Autozone (anywhere from 60-80 each) I did a lot of searching on ebay. Best prices on both the up and down sensors were from the same seller. I paid $112 shipped for all four and got them in 5 days.

Heres one http://www.ebay.com/itm/150837315003?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Heres the other http://www.ebay.com/itm/380812422839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hope this helps

And yes, its cold as f*** out!

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

I'd be paying attention to the coolant related and torque converter clutch DTC's. If your truck is thinking it's stuck in open loop because the engine coolant isn't getting up to operating temperature, it's going to shift like a bag of shit. Open loop means it's running off of a pre-determined set of tables, the PCM isn't using feedback from the O2 sensors. Hence why you are getting O2 sensor codes.

Don't throw parts at it, electrical diagnosis to figure out your problems are going to be your best bet. Hope that helps!

I just replaced all four of my O2 sensors last weekend. After seeing the prices at Autozone (anywhere from 60-80 each) I did a lot of searching on ebay. Best prices on both the up and down sensors were from the same seller. I paid $112 shipped for all four and got them in 5 days.

Heres one http://www.ebay.com/itm/150837315003?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Heres the other http://www.ebay.com/itm/380812422839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Hope this helps

And yes, its cold as f*** out!

ThankSS

th

Bummer. Fluid smell burnt?

Rebuild her stronger than ever. FTW.

thanks. i having trouble deciding.

1. rebuild stock $1400 or buy reman from GM +/-$ 2000

2. stage 2 hd kit with a 24 or 2500 stall $1900

3. i found a performance 4l65e at gm performance but i cant find any info on it for $2200 p#

what to do errrrrrrrrrr!

th

thanks. i having trouble deciding.

1. rebuild stock $1400 or buy reman from GM +/-$ 2000

2. stage 2 hd kit with a 24 or 2500 stall $1900

3. i found a performance 4l65e at gm performance but i cant find any info on it for $2200 p#

what to do errrrrrrrrrr!

and no jus had it flushed new ujoints and front left diff seal and rear tcase seal

Was the trans giving you symptoms of going south prior to the flush? If it was leaking from the cooler lines prior, that's one thing. But having it flushed couldn't have done anything good for the system. It seems like every other time I hear someone doing this on a trans system, something terrible happens. The flush seems like a good idea, in theory. But it just stirs up any silt and debris in the system. That debris ends up clogging passages and solenoids, which ultimately ruins the trans because it is so sensitive to pressures.

I probably missed something but if I am close to hitting the situation with my blurb above, you probably should be asking the shop to compensate you at least partially for the rebuild.

Was the trans giving you symptoms of going south prior to the flush? If it was leaking from the cooler lines prior, that's one thing. But having it flushed couldn't have done anything good for the system. It seems like every other time I hear someone doing this on a trans system, something terrible happens. The flush seems like a good idea, in theory. But it just stirs up any silt and debris in the system. That debris ends up clogging passages and solenoids, which ultimately ruins the trans because it is so sensitive to pressures.

I probably missed something but if I am close to hitting the situation with my blurb above, you probably should be asking the shop to compensate you at least partially for the rebuild.

My good guy at the service counter but not at chevy anymore told me the same. he did it on a 5.3 and he said it drove in and never drove out flush took the trans right out. hes been a service provider from chevy to gmc to vw i been bringing all my vehicles since 16. its the stealership that i dont like.

but he swears by you should drop the pan and filter change an adding on all vehicles. flush is to violent. should of called him first but damn coupons.

and ya to the trans leak.