Issues after Viper alarm was installed. And memory setting on driver s

I have a feeling that the installation of the alarm wasn't the greatest but before I pay to have another shop go through it I wanted to ask here to see if anybody had any clues as to why my SSS does what it does. I have the Viper alarm model # 5901.

Here are the two problems I am having.

1. When I unlock the truck all the settings for driver 2 come up automatically. It was always driver 1 before the alarm install.

2. When I use the remote start the truck starts up normally but the issue I am having is after I insert the key and move it to the on position the truck should return to normal and out of remote start mode once I press the brake pedal. Well now the truck stays in remote start mode until I shut it off from the key FOB.

Also another issue I am having is the driver side mirror always seems to have an issue with the memory function. After a while it defaults to moving completely away from the truck and not the desired setting. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get that particular mirror to stay at the desired position.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Have you ever had a remote start in your truck before? And all these issues are new? It just makes me wonder what the heck the shop tied the auto start into. I have the same model with alarm in my truck. Never had any of the above issues. I am friends with all the installers at my local shop if you don't have any answers by tomorrow I will show them your post and see what they say.

You know the driver memory issue i've had since the alarm was installed. But the issue with the remote start not shutting off when I press on the brake with the key in is fairly new which led me to believe that it is an issue with loose wiring.

I would appreciate it if you asked man. I have a friend that deals with alarms but he mostly deals with older style ones so he wasn't able to help me much.

The memory seat function resorts to the last setting used. It longer goes based off which key you use since they are aftermarket key fobs if that helps. Does the mirror move while driving? Or just when in park it could be the curb assit feature moving the mirrors. And it could be loose wiring because at one point I would go to start/lock the truck and the remote would make contact and beep but the doors wouldn't lock and the truck would try to start but fail. It was one loose wire that was causing all of that and that wasn't until a year later. Good thing was a buddy installed it. Viper alarms are not cheap I remember I paid $480 2 years ago for it and that was with a huge discount from my friend. He even installed it in my driveway

The memory seat function resorts to the last setting used. It longer goes based off which key you use since they are aftermarket key fobs if that helps. Does the mirror move while driving? Or just when in park it could be the curb assit feature moving the mirrors. And it could be loose wiring because at one point I would go to start/lock the truck and the remote would make contact and beep but the doors wouldn't lock and the truck would try to start but fail. It was one loose wire that was causing all of that and that wasn't until a year later. Good thing was a buddy installed it. Viper alarms are not cheap I remember I paid $480 2 years ago for it and that was with a huge discount from my friend. He even installed it in my driveway

I'm sorry I might not of been clear. Ok so I set my seat, mirrors etc the way I want. What happens is after a while the driver side mirror will not adjust to my settings and will go all the way left which has me practically looking at the car next to me.

Id be going back and raising hell. Someone didnt install the alarm right at all. I have the 5704 and dont have any issues with it.

I know I should but I only had a one year warranty on the labor and you know things always decide to go after the warranty expires.

Brake signal is not done via data on our trucks. It's a hard wired connection. I'd check to make sure your brake lights work before you go in to

Them. Winter wrecks havoc on the trailer wiring in trucks and can blow fuses

As for memory's. needs to be reprogrammed with the truck in memory one setting. No big deal. Not a mistake that could have been avoided. How was the installer to know what setting your truck was in when it came in? And yes, lifetime labor warranty should be the norm.