Got a strong stomach?

Downeast Johnny

I lived an incident similar to these I worked at a dealer while restoring my 70 SS........Pullng into a shop bay I dumped the clutch for a little fun & show boating. Just wanted to do a little front end lift, clutched it again hit the brakes and nothing! The brake booster blew and I was heading straight into the shop, Instead of having the work benches or a customers car stop me, I turned into the block divider between the shop doors.

It was just painted the week before in our body shop, That day I was gonna put the grills, lights and bumpers on the front.

The guys were pissed! I couldn't do anything but laugh it off, strip the nose off it and do it all over again.

Edited by Mrrat1SS (see edit history)

I lived an incident similar to these I worked at a dealer while restoring my 70 SS........Pullng into a shop bay I dumped the clutch for a little fun & show boating. Just wanted to do a little front end lift, clutched it again hit the brakes and nothing! The brake booster blew and I was heading straight into the shop, Instead of having the work benches or a customers car stop me, I turned into the block divider between the shop doors.

It was just painted the week before in our body shop, That day I was gonna put the grills, lights and bumpers on the front.

The guys were pissed! I couldn't do anything but laugh it off, strip the nose off it and do it all over again.

Well at least you were familiar with the work you had to do. :jester: Probably better the booster quit there than out on the road at high speed.

Got any pictures of the restored car?