Crashed my ss.. now its really hard to steer. wat can be wrong?

jmontero146

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the belt, make sure the power steering pump is turning and check the power steering pressure and return lines going to the steering box. Also check and make sure you have power steering fluid. Just some basic ideas of potential problem you could have.

Sounds like your out of guild to me. Do you hear the pump whining or anything like that? Most likely you got a leak form the crash.

no i dont hear anything. wen i crashed i backed out & manage to drive for another 4 min i would say. but by the time i was driving the stearing was gettiin really hard. wen the tow truck brought the truck to my house the next day..thats wen i noticed that it was even more harder now.

Your power steering is gone. You either one damaged the pump, or two damaged the lines. Once you lose power steering fluid your steering gets extremely hard.

im thinkin that i damaged the lines since everything in the engine bay did not get damged.

Your power steering is gone. You either one damaged the pump, or two damaged the lines. Once you lose power steering fluid your steering gets extremely hard.

???? looks like it leaked after the impact.

post-24916-0-75158800-1391259851_thumb.jpg

Edited by jmontero146 (see edit history)

You either have an issue with the front end which I doubt but should still be looked into or a more logical issue is the you ran out of fluid.Check for leaks and remember that even thought you don't see a fluid leak the p.s. system still requires pressure from your pump to make it easier for you to turn your steering wheel.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk