spark plugs/ new to site

dieseltech320

Hi all I have been viewing this site for years now and have finally decided to create an account, I apologize if this is in the wrong section as I am new here. I know most people say the ngk or ac delco are the best plugs to go with. well before I got deep into my mods I had changed to the e3 spark plugs and at the time they seemed to be better, could have been cuz I really needed new plugs. Just wondering what everyones opinion is on these, I know most will say remove them but am I really missing out on that much hp by not running ngk, just want to know if its worth changing plugs again. thank you I look forward to all the learning to come from the site

2004 awd sss

mods are : cai, pacesetter lts, dual in dual out flow 40 no cats turned out before rear tire, cam 216.220.114lsa, ls6 springs, 160 stat, e fan conversion, data log tune by zippy, corvette servos

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are running with out any issues then I would not touch the plugs that are in there until its time for a new tune up. At that point you can toss in some ngks. Don't know why you would even put anything else if you knew that's what everyone runs. To each their own, someone had to be the guinea pig.

Sent using Tapatalk.

The thing to remember with plugs is just because people say they will work doesnt mean they will, the right way. Champion says I can run there plugs too...

I have found that GM runs the best, you get the right burn and fuel economy with either NGK TR55 or The factory plugs. That is as long as you have them gapped the way they should be. The E3 plugs you cannot gap, so Im sure there not close to what is recommended for our trucks.

thanks for the response blown 346, a lot better than the usual response I hear of don't run those. do you think it is worth it for me to change back now? or just wait till time for a tune up. that was the first thing I did to the truck when getting it about 3 years ago before I knew I was gonna be doing serious mods like the cam swap.

Ngk tr55ix is what I run. Have been a great plug

The guy I bought my truck from says there are NGK plugs in it, but not sure exactly which one. Although the truck seems to run great, I thought I should replace the plugs anyway just because I'm not sure how old they are...truck just turned over 30k miles too. So I went on Amazon to order and they said the NGK TR55IX doesn't fit my SSS but the NGK TR5IX does. Do you know the difference? Also what gap are you running?

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

The tr55ix are a .060 gap. The tr5ix are .040 gap. They are what I run. TSB had a notice to go to lower gap plugs to prevent misfire or some shit. I followed and works great. Moat guys still run the 55 though.

Sent using Tapatalk.