Any idea how much this will cost?

ctrow

I don't know about other parts of the country, but in CA if you get pulled over for reckless driving they impound the vehicle untill you appear in court. A friend of mine was nailed for doing 115 in a 45 zone (yes... hes a dumbass :banghead: ) They impounded his Mustang Cobra, sentenced him to 100 hours of community service, fined him (I don't know the dollar amount), he had to pay the impound fees, and his insurance went thru the roof... needless to say it was an expensive experience. :nono:

well my reckless driving I received about 4 years ago (donuts in my IROC) cost me $270 and 2 points on my driving record...I got pushed around by the police thrown against the car, called names, etc, etc...in the end they let me go with the ticket but the REAL cost was when the insurance found out about 6 months later when they did a renewal...ouuuccchh.

It has since fallin off my record (stayed on for 3 years) so my insurance is now back down...

I had also received an "exhibition of speed" about 4 years ago for a 40ft. smokey burnout in my chevelle leaving a gas station... that was also going to be $270 and 2 MORE points but luckily the judge reduced it to "rapid accelleration leaving to scaring of the pavement on a street or alleyway" which only cost me $50 and NO points...I was so happy!!! The police officers showed both times to court, but the judge said he had a chevelle as a kid and understood what it was like to have a lot of horsepower, plus it was late at night and there was no pedestrians to run over!! :driving:

In 1987 with a 1984 Corvette I got nailed with reckless driving/fleeing and few other things.......

An 6 hour stay in jail, lawyer cost me over $500, fines over $200 and 40 hours of community service...

It thought me a lesson, never get caught again! :driving:

Take my advice get your self a lawyer I got 2 thats right 2 reeckless driving tickets in one year it cost me around $500 for the lawyer and $150 for the fine both times and no points on my license. If it went on my license my insurance would have went up$1000 and possible suspenion of my license it pays to get a lawyer here in NewYork tickets stay on your recored for 39 months.

Of course this is hypothetical  :uhoh: but anyone ever had a reckless driving ticket and how much was it?

:chillpill: What did you do ? I got one earlier this summer for doing wheelies and front wheel, wheel stands(indo) 6 points and $450 talk to the cop later that week b/c of my CDL he reduced it to $150 and 2 points the charge was improper start from stop and said that was the best he could do.( :shakehead: I hate our local city police) One week before court date :D I was call to remove a vehical from the river(I have a towing service :driving: )and it was the cop he had backed his f150 onto the boat ramp to load his boat and his truck rolled into the river :crackup: . He only had liblity ins. So the heavy equipment charge was $150 to come to the seen and $100 an hour :eek: . The water was only chest deep and I called in Scooba Divers that charge another $250 His total was like $880. :cheers:

So I think I got justice :jester:. Then when we got to court he said I usely don't do this but he would take care of the ticket and not to worry :yellow_loser:

My point is to see if you can plea to a lesser charge b/c wreckless is a B*c*h

i have had a few in my short time driving, i would try to go to driving school. In va if you goto driving school they take the ticket off your record. but that is only if you are reffered to the school. it cost me $150 each to get out of both tickets. if it was speeding i would clame my speedo was wrong and would get a buddy that owned a garage to write me up a recipt to say he fixed my speedo. i have used that about 8 times. good thing it wasn't the same judge each time.

It was on my motorcycle at around 11:30 at night on my way home. 4 lane highway with some traffic that I slowed down for when I reached them. I know it's probably not the smartest thing to do but I did the crime so I have to pay the fine. The highway patrolmen was pretty cool about it though.

He clocked me at 120 in a 70. So speedometer error is probably not going to help :shakehead:

I'm going to get a lawyer to handle it and hopefully I'll come out alright. I'm guessing a defensive driving school and paying some $$$. I don't have any points on my record so I hope the DA/Judge will see light of this.

The most I would have to pay for the fine would be $500 since it's my first offense. Expensive lesson to learn I guess. Sounds like I'm not the only one though. :banghead:

I have a Criminal Traffic ticket. I was going to cut my hair and was going up a street :driving: it's a 40mph zone and when I looked back there was a cop. :dupe:

He pulled me over and said " LIC, REG, and Ins " I could not fine my ins papers and he came back 20min later.

Give a ticket for going 62mph in 40mph this was not a traffic cop.

Did not say a word to me had me sign the ticket and left.

So I got a lawyer and have him take the ticket down to a civil ticket.

A criminal ticket hear is like a DWI.

The cop was an Ass, it was on SEPT 30th end of the month. :dupe:

I know there are cops here and you know for a fact that when you are pissed you will take it out on us..

Will see what happends.

:cry::cry::cry:

Hay Speedie..... Point of order here....... I must assume that a police officer "witnessed" the offense. In order to be considered as "reckless driving".... it must be witnessed by a police officer..... this comes as first hand experience.

Second..... I was informed that if you can't afford a lawyer, pay the fine plus $4.99.... the court system will have to issue you a refund.... don't cash the refund check... it will stay on their books... and they can't close the issue... you will have done your part (paid the ticket) and there won't be a bench warrent out for your arrest... and you just go into the circular files.... it has to do with their software system in the court system..... my last ticket has not shown up on my driving record and that was 18 months ago......

See if the lawyer can get the offence reduced... unless this is your 7th ticket :driving:

Hay Speedie..... Point of order here....... I must assume that a police officer "witnessed" the offense.  In order to be considered as "reckless driving".... it must be witnessed by a police officer..... this comes as first hand experience.

Second..... I was informed that if you can't afford a lawyer, pay the fine plus $4.99.... the court system will have to issue you a refund.... don't cash the refund check... it will stay on their books... and they can't close the issue... you will have done your part (paid the ticket) and there won't be a bench warrent out for your arrest... and you just go into the circular files....  it has to do with their software system in the court system.....  my last ticket has not shown up on my driving record and that was 18 months ago......

See if the lawyer can get the offence reduced... unless this is your 7th ticket  :driving:

Check this out

Archived