Hey guys need a little help trans cooler

I would look into a smaller cooler based on your location. The giant tru cool is not a good idea in frigid climates

so being in ohio what would you recomend i dont drive it in the winter thats upgrade time only drove in summer months thanks

Edited by MurderedSS (see edit history)

so being in ohio what would you recomend i dont drive it in the winter thats upgrade time only drove in summer months thanks

If it is a summer only driver the tru cool max would be fine.

You can run a tru cool max. Just make sure you get the cold weather bypass.

Until they stick then your screwed. Yes, I have seen it happen.

I would look into a smaller cooler based on your location. The giant tru cool is not a good idea in frigid climates

What he said. I actually run my stock cooler in the winter with the cooler complete covered up. Then in the summer I put on my tru cool cooler. I did replace my factory cooler lines with an fitting lines because when I put my bigger cooler I have to screw in an extension line to reach the bigger cooler. I don't have the bypass either. The brackets are very easy to build or you can buy them from a member on the board here.

The tru cool is what the majority of guys on this site are using. I bought one and brackets that are in boxes that I haven't put on yet.

If it's too big of a cooler run a smaller one, or search the ls1 tech. There's a bm cooler that a lot of the f body guys run, I ran it and had great results from it. I still have the cooler in my attic

I used the Tru Cool 40k and the install kit from time2kill. Installed and plumbed in literally 20 min. And with 9.5" triple disc 3400 converter, my trans never breaks 150*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk