Cluster LED color brightness.

Blown 346

I am going to send my cluster off to GM Gauge Guy to have the LED swap done. I have looked thru pictures and cant decide what color blue to go with. I like the bright blue, but am concerned that it will be too bright. So then I thought about the light blue, I like both, I just dont want the cluster over whelming with blue. I am going to do the red needles if that helps any..

I know pictures dont do it justice and want to know first hand if the bright bright is too bright in person? I dont want to have to dim down the dimmer to get the color I want.

Does he also change the mileage color from the factory color or is that extra?

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

The blue really isn't as bright as some of the pictures make it seem. The blue is a nice royal blue color. My personal choice is the blue over the light blue but thats just me. Also I don't usually change the color the LCD screens for the mileage and gear indicator mainly because it makes it impossible to read during the day.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Yes, these LED"s are definantly bright... I went with White LED"s from Steve and they look F'n amazing... he did so well with eliminating all the hotspots... White Is the brightest I believe, and yes, when its completely dark outside and in the cab, I like to dim my cluster a bit, as they are putting out quite a bit of light to the point of where its almost distracting driving at night.

On the flip side, during the day, if you want your cluster lights on, you can Actually see them during the day when they are on vs, stock, where you cant even really tell the lights are on.

Good luck in whatever you choose, Steve does great work..

Post pics when its done!