Question

So I am currently still a OTR truck driver still. Unfortunately not driving in flatbed anymore because I made one too many mistakes in the first flatbed job I got. However I did and have been looking into another flatbed trucking company that I have thought of going to and driving for. Company is known and respected and also they pay better than Schneider National and their stupid milage pay game that they make the drivers do. Company goes by the name of TMC Transport. They are a company that specialize in Flatbed only. They also offer a percentage pay program and the milage pay. Driver can chose which pay program they want. Of course I wouldn't chose the milage pay. Percentage pay is better I heard. Thing is, what should I do? I am wondering if it would be worth it to make the move to another flatbed company? Anyone know any info about TMC Transport?

You OTR guys are crazy to work for what some of these ripoff companies pay. I work out of the country right now driving a truck. I haul a lil more than the average truck does in the states (77,300 kgs = 170,400lbs) everyday, two trips daily. That being said, I get paid percentage and it's a way better pay. But you have to run as much as you can mentally handle(no life inside a cab 24/7). Even get creative with your l*gb**k (100% your risk/liability). And yes it's worth switching companies if the pay is guaranteed better. Forget about being loyal to a company. If times get tough they would drop you in a heartbeat. As a driver, only you can cover your own a**. Do what's best for you and your family! Good luck and Keep on trucking!!

Well I want to be entitled to a life. I pretty much don't have much of a life now driving for Schneider National as a OTR truck driver and as it would be with any trucking company doing OTR. It wouldn't be much different from what I am doing now. I am also thinking of and goi g to try to look for a local trucking job that pays good and will allow me to be home more often than this OTR crap. I don't want to be a truck driver the rest of my life because to me this is not a life. This is like being trapped and stuck in a prison or something. I just want to find a better paying job so I can pay off the loan faster timewise for my Silverado SS I am buying. I would rather get a job doing something else from trucking, but I need a good paying job right now to pay my student loan, auto insurance and loan for my Silverado SS. I was just thinking TMC Transport would be a better job right now with their percentage pay option they offer and being a flatbed only company is cool. Flatbed is the better field of trucking in my opinion.

Yea the reason I say run hard is to get out of debt, save some money and get on with life. There's no future in being a OTR driver for a company. Your just wasting your life. But on the other hand, driving is good short term because your living expense is minimal. Your able to pay off loans and save quicker. Talk to TMC and see what they can offer you. Do they go Canada? There's extra money going across the border. Suffer a bit now, live a better life later.

Yeah that's the damn truth. There is no life in this OTR truck driving. I for one do not like to spend every weeping day away from home out driving and working to earn money. The money is nice, but don't get time to spend the money and when you do buy something for at home, you don't get to have time to go home and enjoy what you buy. The cheap living expense is nice thing about it especially since I don't have a place of my own, I'm not paying for rent or any utility bills for a place to live right now because I have to spend 12 out of 14 days out working and driving and living in this truck. So I don't want to throw away money on something like that right now. I do want to get a local hauling truck job that pays just as much or more and there are local trucking jobs that pay more than a lot of these OTR companies