Heavy load for the SS this weekend

4Runner

Went to St. George this weekend for work. Took down a trailer loaded with water semi seats and pressure washing stuff. post-26050-139373972985_thumb.jpg

Had two tanks on it at 375 gallons which weighed about, 6,450 pounds of water. Six 67 pound semi seats at 402 pounds and pressure washing hose, gun, brushes, odds and ends for clean is estimated at 300 pounds then 3 people with 4 days of crap at about 700 pounds puts me at with a 1400 pound trailer at 9,252 pounds. approximately anyways. Truck got 8.7 MPG and traveled round trip of 725 miles. Thought I'd share this.

Truck pulled it pretty good. Way over weight so stopping was kinda rough. But the company bought me a brake controller just didn't put it in do to time. And the shop wanted WAY to much.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah power definantly isn't the problem with these trucks, its things like stopping like you mentioned that become nerve wracking. 3/4-1 tons serve purpose much better for that kinda of weight, but for an occasional tow weighing that much, 1/2's do the job just fine just gotta take it easy

Thanks for sharing. Yeah power definantly isn't the problem with these trucks, its things like stopping like you mentioned that become nerve wracking. 3/4-1 tons serve purpose much better for that kinda of weight, but for an occasional tow weighing that much, 1/2's do the job just fine just gotta take it easy

Brakes are marginal without a load on my 03. Got the parts together to upgrade, just need the time to do it.

Larger trans cooler wouldn't be a bad idea before doing too much towing like that.

Our suspension isn't set up for the heavy loads but believe me these trucks have more than enough balls to pull it. I know I've towed upwards of 7k with mine for over 500 miles. Braking was a little scarey. Awd n a little over 400hp n ft lbs of tq will move a lot of stuff.

That's quite the load! The suspension definitely doesn't like it but like everyone else said there is plenty of power to get the weight moving. Just last week I towed a full size chevy truck on a car trailer behind mine for about a 15 minute drive and it pulled pretty good but pretty much rode on the bumpstops lol... Braking was marginal but worked even without trailer brakes.

I pulled it about 70-75. I am only one inch from pump stops with no load. I get on them just accelerating. I really need bags. Just no funds. I used the gears to help slow that load down. Slotted and drilled brakes helped a lot as well

Also trans temps stayed right around 210 the who trip. Not to bad I think

Edited by 4Runner (see edit history)