AWD Longtube Setup

SShanks

Anyone care to share some pics of their setup with longtube headers on their AWD SSS? I'm considering buying LT's for my truck and I was curious to see the setups you guys have. I've got shorties on now that the previous owner had put on with a full dual exhaust to the tips and I'm just not feeling it anymore. It has 2 SLP Loudmouth mufflers on it and it's a little too crackly for my taste.

I just bought an OBX set off eBay hoping to get them and a few other goodies put on in the next few weeks. I went with these as I have used their headers before without any issues and these are direct bolt in for factory exhaust.

Do you have cats? Having no cats will result in the tone being raspy like you have now.

My personal choice and what Im doing is having a X pipe installed and then going with side exit nascar style exhaust tip. The only issue with mine is cost as I have to have everything custom made, that wont be cheap.

Most usually go the route of having the headers go to a Y pipe and then either out the side or dump the exhaust right before the rear axles.

Mine was all custom done from what I can tell. From the collectors on the header they run into an x pipe then through the mufflers then back to the tips. What sucks is that the only flange is at the headers then the rest is solid.

Install the long tubes and reuse as much of the current exhaust as possible. I'd change tip location, but to each their own. See how it sounds and swap mufflers then. Cheaper than having an entire system bent up for you. Shouldn't be more than $100 for the exhaust shop + parts

Install the long tubes and reuse as much of the current exhaust as possible. I'd change tip location, but to each their own. See how it sounds and swap mufflers then. Cheaper than having an entire system bent up for you. Shouldn't be more than $100 for the exhaust shop + parts