13.5 @ 98MPH in RWD SS, stall, CAI, LT's, TBSS intake w/78m TB

I posted in the strip section how I was hoping to run in the 13's. My previous PB was a 14.299 in the summer on the 22 reps, mods were a yank 3400 stall, AEM intake, flowmaster and a PCM that I bought from a local member that was running a tune for shorty headers. Now a 14.2 I thought was good for the mods and not smashing on the throttle till pass the 60' as to not start a smoke show.

In the meantime I threw on my pacesetter LT's I had sitting around and bought a 3" pacesetter ORY and added a 3.5'' e cut out and trimmed down a factory mandrel bent 3.5'' exhaust from my duramax. Then later found a great deal on a complete TBSS intake and I have the 90mm TB but no xlink. So I swapped the intake and used the factory 78mm TB and I just cleaned it up a little with some porting. So the next issue was traction, so I found a set of 15" wheels and a Hoosier slick to run, and is doing good but Id be better off with a DR, Im getting a little bogging from the take off with the full slick on the track

So with LT, ORY, and intake manifold I saw a minimum improvement of 5 tenths to a full second from my old F body. I know its apples to oranges but it was something for thought, so I was in high hopes of a 13.7-13.8 and anything past that would just be amazing. lol

So on to the vids, excuse the cosmetics on my truck. Brake ducts are off because I sold them and I have a new bumper and ducts Ill eventually be installing.

My first pass of the day 13.7, and I get beat down by a brand new E63

In this pass I decide to take off my tailgate, rubber mat I have in my bed and the front right headlight to let air in the intake. Go around and turn a 13.55 at 98 @ 98.29, the 60' 1/8 mile is slightly slower then my first 13.7 pass but I turn a faster 1/4 et

same run just recording with a gopro

This is what it looks like for an SS to get owned by a 9 sec car that 60' @ 1.4

Definitely wasn't there to compete against anyone but I think this is the only pass I made were I beat someone to the 1/4

So now I'm on to completing the bolt on's and an appropriate tune to see how low of a 13 I can turn then cam it and go as far into the 12's as possible. I might add some traction bars and see if I can figure out a shock setup to transfer the weight better, front 22's need replacing for something lighter. And Im also running the yank PAS power adder series converter which if I were to run the ss3600 it'd be an improvement since it'll be looser and I'm not even running a power adder yet or another option would be to send it back to yank for a restall of the 3800 PAS. And the interior of the truck is full weight with a rear underseat compartment filled with junk and the seats as well with the a gallon of VHT for any street runs lol

Any pointers or tip anyone can share would be much appreciated. Or anyone still think this is impossible on stock heads?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on your PB! Truck moves out. It's no easy mission to get these bricks to move. You should run at fontana speedway to see how horrible a track it is. My best with 228r cam, LT's, UDP, CAI, and a tight ass converter was [email protected] with 8.602 1/8 81.65 mph with a 2.068 60'. That was the best 60' I was able to muster!

Once you get a cam in there she will run great with the rest of your mods. Hope to see you one day at the track.

Thanks

Was that pass on your DR's or street tires? Or is the track prep down there just really bad. I know the DA here would be better, in the summer we can see as low as 2000 D/A and on up from there.

With the UDP did you see any gains, and are you running the alternator pulley?

And I hear you on being able to get these heavy bricks moving, I know a 13 or 12 second pass isn't fast but given what it is I think it's well. It's why I got rid of my Fbody, I wanted a new challenge and so I don't have to hear excuses from people when I street race lol all I have to say its a big ass truck no matter what I have done to it.

And the 12 second goal is for the LQ9 as long it holds together for me. I have an L92 that's been itching to crawl under the hood of the SS.

Thanks

Was that pass on your DR's or street tires? Or is the track prep down there just really bad. I know the DA here would be better, in the summer we can see as low as 2000 D/A and on up from there.

With the UDP did you see any gains, and are you running the alternator pulley?

And I hear you on being able to get these heavy bricks moving, I know a 13 or 12 second pass isn't fast but given what it is I think it's well. It's why I got rid of my Fbody, I wanted a new challenge and so I don't have to hear excuses from people when I street race lol all I have to say its a big ass truck no matter what I have done to it.

And the 12 second goal is for the LQ9 as long it holds together for me. I have an L92 that's been itching to crawl under the hood of the SS.

Yes that pass was on 28" et streets. Track prep is decent, track elevation itself is about 1400' plus what ever the DA is.

I did gain a little over a .10 sec and I am only running the crank pulley.

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

No issues with alternator or power surge? Idk if even it would cause any of those issues.

Do you ever drive up north? Maybe if you ever get a chance you can come out this way for a Friday night test and tune, I believe they start in May and go till about September and it's every other Friday. $20 to race at on a fridy night test and tune. Track prep is good, when I use to take my f body out I would just try and line up behind a big slick car, because there's a lot guys with street tires.

No issues with alternator or power surge? Idk if even it would cause any of those issues.

Do you ever drive up north? Maybe if you ever get a chance you can come out this way for a Friday night test and tune, I believe they start in May and go till about September and it's every other Friday. $20 to race at on a fridy night test and tune. Track prep is good, when I use to take my f body out I would just try and line up behind a big slick car, because there's a lot guys with street tires.

Absolutely zero issues with the charging system.

I never been up north. It's about a 3 hour drive up to Famosa from where I am at.

Wicked you'd have to compete against shadowsniper in the Na stock cubes category. He ran a 12.41 @ 106, that's with a different set of heads. Idk what heads he's running, but a 12.4 is solid. I'm really anxious to see what your truck does in the 1/4, it has some good power to the wheels.

Jc your still running stock heads as well right?

Yes Sir. Just cam n stall so far. I have some new rims coming soon. Should knock down some weight. I wanna do an intake pretty soon just haven't had much time lately.

Wicked you'd have to compete against shadowsniper in the Na stock cubes category. He ran a 12.41 @ 106, that's with a different set of heads. Idk what heads he's running, but a 12.4 is solid. I'm really anxious to see what your truck does in the 1/4, it has some good power to the wheels.

Jc your still running stock heads as well right?

Yes I am aware of that. Me and brad (shadow sniper) are buddies. He is running tfs 225cc heads.

I am 370 CID not stock cubed. I am running PRC STAGE I 243 heads, FTI streetsweeper cam, 11.4 compression, Fast LSXRT 102, 8.1L injectors, LS3 90mm TB, ASP UDP, 1-3/4" LT's, custom dual 3" exhaust with magnaflow muffler, built trans, circle d billet 3600 converter, 4.10 gears

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

Is he in Cali as well? Those TFS heads are bitching but $.

You should be able to pick up some MPH with that cam and intake setup. 370, is that a 30 over bore?

No he isn't from Cali. Yes a 370 is .030" over. Running forged Mahle pistons. I agree the ported heads, cam and intake should net me mid 100's trap speed