that1dood's slow build

that1dood

I have access to a lift so I put them on myself. really straight forward and easy actually. disconnect o2 sensors, and start chopping out cats with a sawzall. unbolt manifolds and drop from underneath. separate steering to install driverside side and slide them suckers in... easy breezy.. no need to pay a shop

for now I am going to use the throttle body that came with the manifold I picked up. if it gives me problems I will pick up a ls3 throttle body. ordered injectors and p&p adapters this weekend as well. turns out the manifold I got was not a flex fuel and only had 30 pounders...

Edited by that1dood (see edit history)

started working on the shaved intake manifold adventure... feel like I'm making pretty good progress... this weekend as long as nothing crazy goes down I'll plastic weld over all the holes and put the bracket for the map sensor back on along with the fitting for the pcv valve...

juststarted_zps81f4c0e1.jpg

makingprogress_zps9b98eb4f.jpg

• 3 months later...

so I finally had a couple days off from work and school with nothing to do so I did a little meddling with some CF vinyl I had left over from the Miata...

IMAG1280_zpsowsxfqpv.jpg

IMAG1279_zpsg8yzfoyw.jpg

the rumor is a little Sylmar surfboard resin plus 3m vinyl = pretty damn good looking...

IMAG1284_zpsonlw2rlt.jpg

This will hold me over until Art gets some CF SS emblems in production. My plans are after the repaint later this year, swap out all the silver stuff with CF (bowtie, SS emblems and possibly the brake ducts)

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little progress on big red today... A couple of months ago, a coworker offered me a deal I couldn't pass up. Practically brand new Pioneer head unit (avh p2400-bt) for 100 bucks, it was just missing the mic and wiring harness. I didn't really ever intend on upgrading the audio in this thing but with a deal like that I had too. After doing some research, I found the PAC audio RP4-GM11 replaced the Bose OS-2C and SWIX so I went with that and ordered the mic and factory wiring harness from Amazon. Below is a breakdown of everything I bought.

100- head unit

15 - Microphone for BT

90 - PAC RP4-GM11

80 - 4G amp install kit from KnuKonceptz

~35 - relay, misc connects, etc...

So for $320 (less than the cost of the head unit brand new), I was able to install the headunit, retain all steering wheel controls, get a replacement mic, bypass the stupid parking brake thing and wire the truck up for the future Sundown Audio subs. Not too shabby.. I have to say I am impressed with the quality and features of the Pioneer HU and how simple it was to hook everything up via the PAC harness thing. The new module comes preprogrammed for most brands of head units so I didn't even have to configure the steering wheel buttons. Pretty sweet if you ask me. And now onto a couple pics

IMAG1219_zpsrllnioyd.jpg

IMAG0009_zpsm4tojzh1.jpg

IMAG1221_zpsu8dv2n3y.jpg

• 11 months later...