Home alarm system Vivint vs ADT

Ruben525

I'm looking into a home alarm system for my new home I'll hopefully be moving into within the next two weeks. I had adt at my old house but I was wondering what experience any of you had with these two company's.

I didn't get that or the auto locking/unlocking dead bolt thing. They are things I do not need. I am in the habit of always checking my thermostat before I walk out the door (it's right by the doorway). My neighbor has the thermostat with the auto locking/unlocking dead bolt and camera stuff with Vivint and said its really great and has never had a problem.

I did have ADT when I first got my house as it came with it when I bought it. The cost was ridiculous from all the sensors I had, window and door.

I ended up going with Monotronics, The install was free, spent $340 on all the sensors and my touchless keypad, 4 window sensors, 3 door sensors. I have the key pad that i can also control thru my phone. I can lock, unlock and check status of my alarm at any time anywhere, even states away.

I pay $35 a month. Obviously there are other options like having having you be able to turn lights on on certain rooms from your phone, thermostat control etc...

I have had them for the past 8 years and dont have one complaint. I have had false alarms where I didnt close a door all the way and then left, the alarm went off. I was talking to the alarm company after about 30 seconds of me leaving the house. I turn around and there are cops everywhere, searching my yard etc.

Im very happy with my service.

My parents had monotronics and they didn't like it on my last halide I had every door and window covered I wanna do the same for the next house I think adt will give me a discount on everything since I was already with them for a few years

I install home security. I despise ADT. They rape you with 35-40$ a month and a contract that god help you try to back out of. It's not always wise to go with a big company. You get a slap chop job and as stated above get wrapped into a contract.

I charge flag out for my systems to install but its yours to keep and then I charge 19.95$ a month. Local monitoring center with great response time and all. Obviously I couldnt be able to do it but just stating, peek around a little. Only wish I could refer someone :( All the equipment for the most part is made by the same companies. Honeywell/ademco, hai, elk, ect... It's just rebranded to say ADT or whoever.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

I despise ADT.

Couldn't agree more, having worked in the industry for 11 years prior to my current career. Just because they are a large nationwide company, doesn't mean they are the best. There are many good smaller companies out there, check your yellowpages and get some comparable estimates....

Never heard of them. Do research on whatever alarm company you are thinking of going with. There are alot of scammers who will do this just to get into your house and take a look around. They do this to see what sensors you might want etc, and then they tell you they will come back or call you with a price. Be careful on no name brands.