MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

Same converter I bought... I copied L8ERBRO converter to the T lol...it's waiting for my Trans still lol.... love the build you did a good job

What are your plans for the motor? So you're waiting for your 80e to come in? Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

A guy Is building me a 80 retired old timer, owned a transmission shop for 35yrs has work on a lot of 80s over his time, fully built, shafts, 36 sprag element, clutches, bands, etc..... engine 408, scat forged crank, mahle forged rods, Ross forged pistons, trick flow LS3 ported polished heads, and tvs2300, maybe some method also....it will all be studded, ATI 8rib kit, looking to get around 700-800rwhp....you know, nothing too much ha ha ha

Meth*

A guy Is building me a 80 retired old timer, owned a transmission shop for 35yrs has work on a lot of 80s over his time, fully built, shafts, 36 sprag element, clutches, bands, etc..... engine 408, scat forged crank, mahle forged rods, Ross forged pistons, trick flow LS3 ported polished heads, and tvs2300, maybe some method also....it will all be studded, ATI 8rib kit, looking to get around 700-800rwhp....you know, nothing too much ha ha ha

Meth*

Big $$$$

Hahaha yeh...... but I've wanted to do this to her since I've had it, just never had the funds or job that I could ... now that I do, and i have a 2014 cruze eco as the DD now I can fix her up how she should be treated.... never let me stranded anywhere, even with 3 fried transmissions always got me home under her own power haha.... engine alone is going to be like 13k .....Trans another 3500 haha .... fml but it'll be fast when she's done

Big $$$$

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

Well, after calling/driving all around town, no one has 20g wire... Wtf..

I had a Napa say "Yeah. Come on down. We have 20g wire in all colors. Good polar wire. High dollar stuff". I drive over and all they have is 18g... Idiot.. So I guess I gotta order 35ft or so in every color I can think of. :lol:

And of course some nice Techflex split loom of all diameters... Looks like i should have planned this out a little better. Won't be doing much wiring this weekend... I guess I could slap the trans in... If I could find a trans floor jack. That 80 is a heavy SOB. Used to be able to do the 65 by resting it on my chest... The 80 is a completely different story.

I leave for Portland Sunday morning. Will be there until Tuesday afternoon. Maybe I can buy some wire there and accomplish something when I get back. :lol:

Open till noon.

Ok. I'll give em a call tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks Justin. We'll have to do some wrenching on your truck once life slows down a little bit. I know things have been hectic lately..

Just find a junk ford harness at your work and barrow some wires out of it lol! I have an extra cutup LS harness I borrow wires out of when I need them.

Yeah. I've been keeping an eye out. We don't ever replace entire harnesses though.. I'll snag a harness if I ever get the opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Justin was kind enough to provide me with a spare wiring harness for my "wire tuck". I've got about 8 hrs into it so far, and I am very impressed with how things are looking. When I am done, I want as few wires as possible to be visible. Just a quick teaser of the coils and injectors. The wires have been lengthened and tucked, but have not yet been loomed. Also, don't mind the other wires in the back that haven't been addressed yet.

The coils and injectors are all plugged in and will be fully functional, yet at first glance, it doesn't look like there are even any wires going to them. More to do yet, but figured I'd share.

D242A48A-AEA6-4156-963F-E6D0BB43DA8C_zps

E1D66656-4549-45AE-B942-636936417553_zps

73F36E8C-1832-465B-8813-835F15065A19_zps