MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in the planning stages of a VERY similar build. Even down to the cam I had spec'd for myself...

One thing worth noting... The cog OD is actually 20% overdriven. I mention that in case you were targeting a certain blower RPM with your shift points.

Are there any updates?

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been harassing him constantly! He is burned out on this thing. I am going to take him for a ride in mine this week and re-motivate him!

Its easy to get burnt out trying to make these bricks go fast. Its happened to me a couple of times.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's alive... Kinda. She fires off, but won't idle. Got good fuel pressure (60psi) and when it starts I don't hear any misfire or anything. Sounds smooth. So pretty sure there's no spark or injector issues at all. It fires up, but it dies right away. Ideas? Tune maybe? Video attached

th_trim.A6557D5C-D690-45F6-B09F-6AB54E47

93A2A389-5BC9-4112-87D5-055B14DFC282_zps

E58149E5-C5F0-4385-A074-DD4F58E7FA17_zps

9343FF3B-0448-41E5-B1D2-3C828611BA96_zps

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Thinking maybe X link issues? Idk but to me I think this throttle plate should be opening more. Doesn't look like its opening at all when firing up. Probably snuffing it out. (video)

th_0657D206-D6F4-4D2E-8053-963D2ACAFB3D_

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Hmm. Yeah it definitely acts like the popular x link issue. Strange thing is it's the same x link and throttle body as the last build and it worked just fine then.. Maybe it crapped out. I sent zippy and email. See what he says.

Once I get this figured out, she'll be ready for the road. Got drive shafts in, gauges are done... Took me long enough but I'm close to being done for now. Gotta make an intake tube yet as well... But I've got a long winter to work the kinks out. Life has been crazy lately. Haha but things are looking up. Starting to get my shit together...