Is this a good deal ?

jovanny

Denali's didnt come with a 5.3 the option is a 6.2 or the older styles had the 6.0 so its either a knock off or somebody swapped motors.

Yeah, the cheap versions now come with a 5.3 ...

GM is just now trying to sell the name and "Image" to a greater mass of people. No 6.2L, no AWD, no Navi ... But hey!!! It's a Denali for $46k

It comes with a 5.3 and I think 1950$ for the 6.2. I was planning on spending about 50k. Trying to put 20k down to keep payments reasonable. Looks like there a lot cheaper here tho.

Price out the Diesel version :ninja: If only I had the need for it.

If you are buying a Denali, why would you buy one that's not loaded to the hilt?

Like we've talked ... I'm looking into a Denali Crew Cab 3/4 ton ... But the more I talk about getting the Diesel, the more sense it makes me to get a gas version.

I'd pull a camper only a few times a year, so that will never offset the cost of buying and maintaining a diesel ... The diesels are meant to run & run & run ...

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Price out the Diesel version :ninja: If only I had the need for it.

If you are buying a Denali, why would you buy one that's not loaded to the hilt?

I don't wanna spend 60k , I'll get bored of it before I pay it off

After owning a 2500HD 6.0 gasser I'll never buy another 6.0 gasser HD worst gasser milage I have ever gotten. My leveled 05 HD with 4.10 gears only got 9.6MPG and 10.MPG on the high way. I could never get any better. all the was done to it was 33" tire and a leveling kit.

My buddy on the other hand just bought a 07 LBZ Duramax 6.6 its lifted 6 inchs and has 35"s on it and it gets 14MPG all day long in town and he not easy on it. its chipped and has exhaust and a intake on it.

But the Diesel option isn't cheap. but will last you forever if taken care of. the 6.2 Denali are a great looking truck and would be hard to pass up if I was looking for a crewcab truck. one thing I wished they would have made a SS in Crewcab. Would be a great family rig.

After owning a 2500HD 6.0 gasser I'll never buy another 6.0 gasser HD worst gasser milage I have ever gotten. My leveled 05 HD with 4.10 gears only got 9.6MPG and 10.MPG on the high way. I could never get any better. all the was done to it was 33" tire and a leveling kit.

My buddy on the other hand just bought a 07 LBZ Duramax 6.6 its lifted 6 inchs and has 35"s on it and it gets 14MPG all day long in town and he not easy on it. its chipped and has exhaust and a intake on it.

But the Diesel option isn't cheap. but will last you forever if taken care of. the 6.2 Denali are a great looking truck and would be hard to pass up if I was looking for a crewcab truck. one thing I wished they would have made a SS in Crewcab. Would be a great family rig.

Yep thats all I get in my HD. I am kicking myself for not buying a Diesel, but Really diesels are only useful if you tow a lot, and I dont. So I guess I will stick with my gasser. It only has 60k miles on it and its 11 years old, all the used diesels I looked at had a ton of miles and were a lot more expensive.

The main thing that keeps me from wanting a newer Diesel is GM and ther idiotic placement of the DEF tank.

FAQ-22A.jpg

Come on GM, the other HD companies were able to find a place for the DEF tanks that could not be seen.

Yep thats all I get in my HD. I am kicking myself for not buying a Diesel, but Really diesels are only useful if you tow a lot, and I dont. So I guess I will stick with my gasser. It only has 60k miles on it and its 11 years old, all the used diesels I looked at had a ton of miles and were a lot more expensive.

The main thing that keeps me from wanting a newer Diesel is GM and ther idiotic placement of the DEF tank.

FAQ-22A.jpg

Come on GM, the other HD companies were able to find a place for the DEF tanks that could not be seen.

Yeah the DEF fluid tank is freaking ugly there. I sent my 2500HD down the road because of fuel milage. I'll either get a 6.2 denali or a duramax next.