Dual Climate Controls

Has anybody ran across one side of your climate controls going bad? Coming back from lunch and my buddy asked why the heater was on, i laughed its not....Till i felt the hot air coming out of his vents. I just installed some radio equipment and had to run some wires up under the dash but didnt hit or remove anything.

Yup. It's the blend door actuator thing. Common problem... Mine did the same thing, passenger side blew hot. It's a pain in the ass to do...

There is a detailed write up on this floating around the internet... I'll c if I can find it for u.

found it

http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/03/2004-chevrolet-silverado-changing.html

I used this and was able to do it just fine... a little time consuming, but cheaper than paying someone

Edited by Blk_SS (see edit history)

Well the reset trick didnt work....I can hear the actuator wotrking on the drivers side but nothing on the passenger side.....Is it possible my big ole hands could of dislodged something when i was up under the dash? It was all tight but for the life of me cant remember anything being moved within reason.

Yup. It's the blend door actuator thing. Common problem... Mine did the same thing, passenger side blew hot. It's a pain in the ass to do...

There is a detailed write up on this floating around the internet... I'll c if I can find it for u.

found it

http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/03/2004-chevrolet-silverado-changing.html

I used this and was able to do it just fine... a little time consuming, but cheaper than paying someone

Thanks for the link i will look into it shortly.

Well the reset trick didnt work....I can hear the actuator wotrking on the drivers side but nothing on the passenger side.....Is it possible my big ole hands could of dislodged something when i was up under the dash? It was all tight but for the life of me cant remember anything being moved within reason.

Thanks for the link i will look into it shortly.

there are 3 different actuators. one on each side of the center console... then one deep in the dash on the passenger side (this is the one I had to replace after trying to replace the other 2 with no success) I doubt u hit something with ur hand to dislodge it.

Dont know if this is the beginning of the in but all is well this morning? Things seem to be working fine and back to normal. Electrical systems are a weird bird to figure out.

hmm... well hopefully this holds up for u... I have heard that when u disconnect the battery this sometimes happens to?

but hell I dont know? I just changed em all out.