Thinking of selling the SSS

dpoole5074

Kicking around the ideal of selling my truck, just now sure what they are going for now a days...Was hoping all you guys would give some input on ones you have seen sold or heard of selling and price range, everything in the sig is still on the truck and 3-4 months ago spent over $10,000 having it completly redone front to back, not scratches on this baby...lol...Anyway any help would be great , thanks

Whats the mileage. Having mods arent going to make the truck worth anymore than what it books for. You will never get the money back. Without knowing your mileage, the usual prices normally range from between, 12 to 16K due to the year.

Short of being in a life or death type situation I would never try to sell 3 or 4 months after dumping 10K in it. It would be too much like rolling that money up and burning it.

Just my dos centavo's. I would at least wait till the middle of summer when folks are in a cruisin mood.

Exactly " Well sir , We can only give you 5,000 dollars for you truck for these reasons. Your truck makes a whine when you accelerate, We think its an electrical issue , which is the tvs blower, also your truck has been in an accident , nothing major , just a little fender bender, and it has 2 owners " , I was pissed of and yelled for my keys , So if you sell your ss be happy to get the 12000k

I got offered 8K when they told me it was cleaner and looked better than a 03 with 30,000 for 21k. He said hey its what you owe on it so no big deal. I mean i only put in another 8k for it no big deal

guys its not (COOL) to sell your SS Silverado you should never do it EVER

We'll I guess I'm not cool then. Good thing your here to tell me that.

You got to do what you got to do. If there is no major reason to sell it it might just be worth keeping. I sold mine because I wanted to build my 69 Chevy. I kick myself all the time but in the long run I think I made the right one.

I have yet to get far enough into the buying process to have them give me a number on my truck. I really don't want to get rid of it but every once and a while I have a weak moment and stop at a dealership just to look around. I'm very honest with the salesman though, I tell them up front they can give a number for it but unless it is above book value (and something I can't turn down), I'm keeping the truck. The SS is paid off so it only cost me insurance and registration and there is nothing wrong with it other then it needs all the fluids changed but that is just maintenance, oh, it probably needs gas too, like it always does.