90mm Throttle Body

teamvortec

I am trying to finish getting the parts to do my NNBS intake swap and was curious as to which throttle body is the best to use? I have seen where some people have issues with some throttle bodies so I was wondering which one people are running without issues. I am planning on buying a X-Link to go with it and hoping to find a 03 fuel rail to modify so I can keep my stock manifold complete when I remove it. I bought a new complete take-off intake minus throttle body and ordered injector adapters from Caspers Electronics. On a side note if you order something from Caspers Electronics use code SHIPMEFREE and you get free shipping.

ls2 (Silver Blade) is what a lot of people run. They work most of the time without any hiccups. I run a Ls3 without any problems but a lot of people have issues with them. You can find them all day over on the camaro5 forum. I paid 90$ for one over there.

I've experienced "Reduced Engine Power" issues/codes with the ls3 gold blade, & the ls2 silver blade throttle bodies. With the 87mm tbss style tb I have never thrown a code. If your interested, I have an extra 87mm dbw {#12580760} w/less than 1K on it for $105. shipped to a business in the lower 48.

I've experienced "Reduced Engine Power" issues/codes with the ls3 gold blade, & the ls2 silver blade throttle bodies. With the 87mm tbss style tb I have never thrown a code. If your interested, I have an extra 87mm dbw {#12580760} w/less than 1K on it for $105. shipped to a business in the lower 48.

Thanks again now time to order a X-Link and gaskets.

i have the v3 x link and ive tried both ls3 and ls2 throttle bodies and every so often when i start my truck up i get REP also. but then some people have no issues i feel its luck of the draw with your x link

• 3 weeks later...