Coolant leak

I just got my 03 awd SS in December and I've noticed a coolant leak. I had a friend who is a tech look at it and said it's my intake manifold gaskets. Has anyone else had this same problem with their SSS?

It's right by the alternator by where my intake is. I cannot see exactly where it is because of the alternator. But he showed me on the opposite where it is leaking so I could see the spot it is coming from

Ya sounds like its coming from the coolant cross over tube, or the hose that connects to the bottom of the throttle body. Should be a easy fix, just pin point where its leaking from and either replace the coolant hose to the throttle body or replace the gaskets for the crossover tube.

Alan that's my problem is I can't see where it's coming from 100% because of the alternator. But he showed me the exact spot on the opposite where he thinks it's coming from and looks to be where the intake sets on the block. He had it up on the lift and looked up at it and he thinks it's the intake manifold gaskets. But before he fixes it he'll go threw and make sure exactly what it is. I did look up and find that these have been problems on the 6.0 motors. I'm still learning myself to be a gear head lol

These intakes on these trucks do not have coolant flowing thru them like a standard SBC engine used to. Its most likely the coolant lines like stated. You will have to remove the intake manifold to expose those lines to get a better look. If he is a tech and thinks the intake is leaking, find a new tech. I dont want to criticize anyone or sound like a jerk in my post. Just dont want you being told one thing when its not right.

Nah it's all good. I appreciate the help sense I'm unfamiliar myself. I will be sure to let him know this. He is probably unfamiliar with this because he is a ford tech not a GM tech

Edited by C-RichSS (see edit history)

These intakes on these trucks do not have coolant flowing thru them like a standard SBC engine used to. Its most likely the coolant lines like stated. You will have to remove the intake manifold to expose those lines to get a better look. If he is a tech and thinks the intake is leaking, find a new tech. I dont want to criticize anyone or sound like a jerk in my post. Just dont want you being told one thing when its not right.

agree100%

Thank you guys I appreciate it! I'll definitely check this out and I'll let you all know if that is it or not. Hopefully do it next week or so when I've got some time to take it in.

Thanks for info