What spark plugs are you running?

mando28

Yea I'm getting the NGK TR55IX

but I'm debating between the MSD 8mm or the taylors 10.4mm wires

I hear good and bad things about both

NGK TR55. MSD Wires.

These plugs are only for naturally aspirated engines. Forced induction or nitrous use NGK TR6

I have used Taylor wires before and had issues with them not lasting. This wasnt in my SSS, but my SBC Camaros. I have always used either the MSD 8MM wires in all my LS based cars or Accel with no issues.

Tr6 and msd wires.

I've ran the Taylor 10.4 in another ls1 and bad results with the wire coming apart from the head connector, seems common from what others have reported. Some guys here have had good results with them and no issues. I just didn't wanna risk it as the MSD wires have always been problem free for me.

I don't have any issues with the tr55. How big a difference between the two?

The only difference is the gap. The TR5 use a gap of .039, the TR55 has a gap of .059

I like the TR 55 myself as when i tried using the TR5 with the smaller gap the motor didnt like it. I run my plugs between .055 to .060 since 04 with no issues.

I don't have any issues with the tr55. How big a difference between the two?

The only difference is the gap. The TR5 use a gap of .039, the TR55 has a gap of .059

I like the TR 55 myself as when i tried using the TR5 with the smaller gap the motor didnt like it. I run my plugs between .055 to .060 since 04 with no issues.

It's not just the gap difference. They are also half a step colder. The combo of gap and heat range helps out truck that have a slight miss at idle plus improved throttle response. A tune usually over comes this, but this is how gm fixed the low or erratic idle on most truck.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk