From 5.3L to Lq9

zaathur151

Lucas oil engine assembly lube. I used this on all bearings and moving parts. Be sure to soak the brand new lifters in 5w-30 for at least 24 hrs prior to assembly so they fill up and aren't noisy. Have you looked into the trunion upgrade? It would be a nice addition to your build. Also IMO when you install your headers avoid using bolts as they back out. I picked up some stainless header studs off eBay for $20 and they have never backed out or anything. Put them on everything I put headers on.

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

wow it's a nice build you got going on there. its been 20 years since I rebuilt a motor but there was some kind of lube that I used when i installed a new bump stick and lifters. it's kind of like a thicker than oil it just helps in the break in. When you can after a while then you change your oil can't remember exactly what the name of it was though.

what part of Missouri are you from

Odessa about 4 hours from you off i-70

Lucas oil engine assembly lube. I used this on all bearings and moving parts. Be sure to soak the brand new lifters in 5w-30 for at least 24 hrs prior to assembly so they fill up and aren't noisy. Have you looked into the trunion upgrade? It would be a nice addition to your build. Also IMO when you install your headers avoid using bolts as they back out. I picked up some stainless header studs off eBay for $20 and they have never backed out or anything. Put them on everything I put headers on.

should i use convential of synthetic my plan is to run mobile 1 after the first oil change but for the first oil change should i run a convential 5w-30 or does it matter

awesome yeah I know exactly where odessa is. for a couple reasons used to go to the racetrack there back in the day.secondly Desa truck scales spend some time in there too

yea the old I-70 speedway I miss it hearing the cars racing from my house was music to my ears