Little clean up on the SS today

C-RichSS

Lookin good Corb. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice job on the hitch. Did you use rattle cans on it, or a compressor set-up?

My truck needs a cleanup like that. Washed and waxed her 2 weeks ago just in time for the spring evergreen pollen attack. Now she's yellow with pollen and theres another week of the mess to go.

Haha thanks bud! I scrapped off the old crap then ran a wire brush across it and used rattle can rust oleum primer and rust oleum high heat mate black paint. I did it with my last truck and now my SS and I like it. Once a year just touch it up a bit and your good to go

Haha thanks bud! I scrapped off the old crap then ran a wire brush across it and used rattle can rust oleum primer and rust oleum high heat mate black paint. I did it with my last truck and now my SS and I like it. Once a year just touch it up a bit and your good to go

Thanks for the follow up. It looked like you had thought it through from the pictures. Real good maintenance project. :thumbsup:

Not gonna lie the first time I did it on my old truck my mom helped me. She's an interior decorative designer/painter so I have her to thank. But this time I remembered what she said and did the same thing and didn't mess anything up haha I did NOT want it to get on my truck. Just a little FYI I'd use a shop vac while your spraying to suck in the particles in the air. That's what I did and it really kept the particles from going anywhere but on the hitch

Edited by C-RichSS (see edit history)