1-2 shift problem

Hey guys, when I shift from 1st to 2nd my rpm's hit about 3500. Once it shifts into 2nd everything else runs fine up shifts into other gears like normal and down shifts with no issues. If Im in first and let my foot off the gas between 2500-3000 rpm the trans will up shift to 2nd and I can give it gas again. Any ideas on what's sticking or broke? I was thinking the 1-2 accumulator spring but would like some other opinions. Thanks

Last maintenance was 30,000 ago flush new fluid and filter. No recent mods and no warning signs something was going wrong slowly either. Was out running it Monday night stopped at an intersection and it just started happening. Hit it hard a 3-4 times from a roll before it happened.

So I decided to have a reputable local shop do an overhaul on the trans all the valve body upgrades and some other internals to beef up what I can while i can since it needs work now anyways. I'm wondering if they could change things like line pressure for these upgrades or should I still plan on sending my PCM to zippy for a retune after the works done.

• 2 weeks later...

Already have the trans back In the truck. Just put a new stock convertor in. It runs really good and is still some what fuel efficient and street able which is what I wanted just didn't know if I should send my PCM to you for any retuning.