Got a little dirty today

Thickcajun

First off THANK GOD i have access to a lift. I have new found respect for guys doing there own maintenance in their garage on jacks. Since i just purchased my truck with 194,000 on the Od i thought it might be a good idea to go through all the fluids and change them out....

1) Transmission,,,,holy hell just to drop the pan to get to the filter(AWD) had to drop the exhaust wasnt expecting that...

2) Front Diff,,,,,Looked like black tar coming out. Drained and ran some extra through just to claen it out a bit more.

3) Transfer case,,,,No problem there pretty straight forward and easy to deal with.

4) Rear Diff,,,, Again holy hell black as midnight on a new moon...Clean up ever thing looked good.

5) Replaced oil with some good ol mobil 1 10-30

Anyways i wouldnt of had the balls to atempt all of this if not for this site and all the research. So hats off to all of you who have been there and done that. Thanks for the other write ups on how to do things... :thumbs:

Never looked to be honest....just assumed 10-30 would be fine...go ahead and start the bashing lol...

Never looked to be honest....just assumed 10-30 would be fine...go ahead and start the bashing lol...

Forgot to mention changed the plugs out to ngk-tr55. All the old wires ripped off so had to pick up a new set of plug wires. Truck runs smoother shifts smoother so I'm happy as hell... 250$ well spent