need info on the STS Turbo

j4nash

I don't see 400rwhp all that hard to attain on a stock system.

I did 348rwhp on 5psi but I had a cam which I am wondering helped any.. I also wasn't tuned for 5psi and we had the timing set low so I could run 13psi.

Jerry2500HD from LS1Tech.com did 360RWHP or so on 5psi with a basic 6.0L with no IC or methanol and just a conservative tune since he uses his truck for towing.

My guess is that the SS truck could get damn close to 400rwhp on 5psi if you tuned it to run exclusively at that amount of boost.

Obviously until it is done it's all heresay but still it doesn't seem inconceivable. :)

I don't see 400rwhp all that hard to attain on a stock system.

I did 348rwhp on 5psi but I had a cam which I am wondering helped any.. I also wasn't tuned for 5psi and we had the timing set low so I could run 13psi.

Jerry2500HD from LS1Tech.com did 360RWHP or so on 5psi with a basic 6.0L with no IC or methanol and just a conservative tune since he uses his truck for towing.

My guess is that the SS truck could get damn close to 400rwhp on 5psi if you tuned it to run exclusively at that amount of boost.

Obviously until it is done it's all heresay but still it doesn't seem inconceivable. :)

Your sig says 436 rwhp, brother... :) It doesn't have to be 436 @ 5 psi :driving:

True that :)

I just wish we knew how to tune for methanol back then because I really feel that dumping too much meth is what killed my top end HP... I mean IMO my graph looks funny. Through the whole pull I only gained 36rwhp. I had over 400rwhp from 4200-6700rpm. LOL

Archived