Late Easter Presesnt

C-RichSS

We'll I'm getting The stock Fog Lights to put on my SS. Got them ordered and should be in a few days. I know many people don't like it when others do this but I'm a big fan of lights and I love the look that fog lights give these trucks from everything I have seen. Going with the stock kit but I'm throwing in HID's to match my headlights. And having them professionally done so there's no if ands or buts lol. Anyone else put fogs on there SS and what do you think?

I put them on my truck and love them. Why would you pay someone to do it when you can do it yourself in about an hour? Its plug and play...

silveradoss2_zpsa95a5aad.jpg

The pic makes them look like a weird color, but they are 6000K HID's

DSCN2557.jpg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Blown I'm having them professionally done because my truck doesn't have any wiring hidden at all so they have to run the wiring and they witch up threw my dash. Also with baseball and planting season its hard for me to find the time Lol

With the HID's when you take a picture of them they always come out looking different. I have 12k and they really arnt that blue but more white until you take a picture if them and they look nothing like in person

Edited by C-RichSS (see edit history)

You have to do some looking for the factory plugs. Mine were put up behind the bumper bracket and couldnt be seen. I had to climb under the truck with a flash light and really look. You will have one on each side right were the bumper cover starts to bend. 99% of these trucks came with them as it was part of the wiring harness, GM wasnt going to remake a new harness just for no fog lights.

Like said once you find the harness, all you have to do is plug them in, and buy a new cargo/fog light switch. I got mine from GM for $30 plug and play.

Thanks Blown I'll have to look. What sucks is the kit is already ordered with full wiring harness, switch,fogs and everything else I need. but with the wiring being 11 years old I guess it doesn't hurt to have it all brand new out if the box even if its gonna cost me a few more $. For the complete fog set plus I added my matching HID kit and labor to install it I'm sitting at $300 out the door

My new truck is a 03 and the wiring is like brand new. You can always return the wiring harness. Whoever is doing the install hopefully will not tear apart a good harness to just replace the factory one.

In my Opinion $300 is alot to just plug in the fog lights, and plug in the cargo switch. That took me all of 5 Minutes to do.