Running Rough

everfife

Ok, so I installed a viper alarm a couple weeks ago. I had no running issues before hand. I removed the battery before installing the alarm and after, my truck wouldn't stay running. I did the idle relearn and everything seemed fine. Now, for the last week my truck seems to run rough or bog randomly almost like it is missing. I hooked the snap on computer to it, and checked for misfires when the symptoms happened.....No misfires. Come to find out, my electrics fans are now kicking on around 177° and my coolant system is staying closed (based on the computer), so my truck seems to be running rich. I've replaced the temp sensor and wires. It used to be intermittent, but now it's almost constant bogging! I don't know what else it could be. Maybe the tune from the previous owner was somehow erased? Please help!!!

Current mods from previous owner:

Competition cams (unknown type)

L92 Heads

2400 Stall with billet output shift

ARM Headers with high flow cats

Electric fans

I don't know what else to do. Any opinions would help! It's hard to drive the truck since it acts or is missing

I was going to but didn't get a chance today. I will check that tomorrow. My master mechanic (I rebuild valve bodies) said it seemed to be running rich based on the symptoms. I'm almost positive they are. But it doesn't make since my truck ran fine up until that point

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced all my plugs with TR6, which was what I previously had. Everything seemed to be working fine, now once again, I'm getting a random bogging/misfire again. I replaced the MAF, which I had a high voltage code. Didn't do anything. I'm frustrated because I can't figure out what is going on. When it starts acting up of I get o the gas a little it will "fix" itself for a little while

I might be able to find d something. Through research, I found who's truck I have.

Everything about my truck

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/76708-headscam-2004-arrival-blue-ss-in-michigan/

I'm thinking it might be a sticky injector. I got the numbers off of it but it comes up with 3 different kinds of injectors. Apparently it has a zippy tune on it

Well, just got a P 200 injector code. Hooked it up to the tech 2 and ran a cyl injector test. Both 4 and 5 bank aren't working. Could this be a tuning issue? Like I somehow messed the tune up by removing the battery? Now I'm stuck as this is my dd. Did a light test and the computer is commanding the injectors

Edited by everfife (see edit history)

Well, just got a P 200 injector code. Hooked it up to the tech 2 and ran a cyl injector test. Both 4 and 5 bank aren't working. Could this be a tuning issue? Like I somehow messed the tune up by removing the battery? Now I'm stuck as this is my dd. Did a light test and the computer is commanding the injectors

Give Zippy a call.

Just an update, I found a dry rotted hose, that I believe goes to the fuel pressure regulator. I also read a post talking about the Walbro 255 fuel pump that I have installed. They were talking about how the pump doesnt like anything less than a 1/4 tank. So far, knock on wood, my truck has been running flawless. Weird, but either the hose or pump was acting up causing my truck to studder/misfire. Any thoughts of what might have caused this? Shortly after my last post, I finally got a code which was an injector code. I cleared it, fixed the hose and havent let the truck lower than a 1/4 tank.