Founds some parts in my closet

So I was doing a little spring cleaning and found a box of parts I had accumulated over the winter. Took advantage of the beautiful weather this weekend and sprayed everything Duracoat flat OD green and slapped her together. Nothing special... PSA lower/LPK, Ace stock, Hogue grip. Comments welcome

IMAG1173_zps4ekp8aqu.jpg

IMAG1170_zps5fspsiic.jpg

IMAG1174_zpsudcnnge2.jpg

Edited by that1dood (see edit history)

just like anything else, prepwork is key. I have seen people use DC and have horrible results that chips easily... A good degreasing with a scotchbrite pad and the right mix of hardner/DC makes a world of difference. The tan rifle has been on many many outings with thousands of rounds. That thing has gotten DIRTY, but a quick wipe down and it looks good as new. Next I plan on trying a different product called gunkote. Supposed to actually penetrate the first few layers of metal (think microns) and can be used on everything because it doesn't add any height to the working surfaces. Only problem with gunkote is that it's heat cured unlike the DC which doesnt require baking.

Oh ok, I might give it a shot one day when I get tired of the all black look. That color you went with looks really nice, make the scope stand out alot more