Need info on new portable laptop

2003_SuperSport

One thing I have had problems with for laptops and tuning is burning up computers. I have burned up two hp's and one cheap acer. My dell has done awesome. But I also take more precautions now and make sure the laptop doesn't sit flat on the passenger seat and overheat. Just something to keep in mind.

Look for a laptop that has good cooling if you plan on doing a lot of tuning.

I use a little cooling thing that goes under the laptop and plugs into a USB port or to save battery I plug it in to the the 12v outlets

Thanks a ton guys... I just saw how cheap the acer google chrome was at $200 and wondered if the os would work but thanks once again to this awesome sight I was given solid advice... I know I get what I pay for, but for now I all I needed was a light weight small laptop to tune my personal vehicles and to always be running diagnostics in my sss as I go down the road.... I have enough mods on my truck now that I think it would be benificial for me to always have the scan on and recording all my driving ativities in different weaher situations. If I were to get into heavy customer tunning I would no doubt get a very high speed an capable tuning machine lol... But for now I picked up a ASUS notebook 11.6" x200m Not the badess PC but for a cheap $280 notebook touch screen its not bad... specs below... Battery not the greatest but for watching real time scans I will be running it with my power inverter and unplugging it for actual tune uploading and flashing.... This will basically be another gauge to help me monitor just like my wideband,fuelpressure,tach, and boost gauges... and tune when I need it LOL.... I have a swivel mount in mind just for the lap top too to avoid it being on my passenger set... BTW THIS IS NOT MY DAILY DRIVER... LOL.... So the back seat will be taken out and my nitrous will be within reach in its place lol....

OVERVIEW Type Laptop Operating system Windows 8 Processor Intel® CELERON 1007U (1.4GHZ,1066Mhz,2M) Storage 500GB HDD, 5400rpm PERFORMANCE RAM 4 GB DDR3 Graphics card Intel® HM70 EXPRESS SCREEN Screen size 11.6" Screen type LED TFT 10 Finger Touch Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 Touchscreen Yes CONNECTIVTY Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n WIDI Ethernet No Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0 USB - USB 3.0 x 1
- USB 2.0 x 2 Video interface - HDMI x 1
- VGA x 1 Audio interface - 3.5 mm jack in
- 3.5 mm jack out MEDIA Optical drive No Memory card reader SD Card SOUND Sound Sonicmaster Audio Technology Speakers Integrated POWER Battery type 2-cell Li-Polymer 38WH Battery life Up to 5 hours GENERAL Colour Black Dimensions - 200 x 303mm x 200mm mm (H x W x D) - Open
- 21-21.7mm x 303mm x 200mm mm (H x W x D) - Closed Weight 1.40 kg FEATURES Camera HD Web Camera Microphone Yes Keyboard Chiclit keyboard Mouse / trackpad Multi-gesture Touchpad

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Just so you know, no need to remove rear seat. You could fit 2 10lb bottles under the seat no problem ;)

More or less for a little weight reduction plus I already have a sub box taking up space... I want the bottle to be in arms reach so i dont have to use a electric bottle opener... The sub box is easier to take out than the seat when I want to go to the track... I dont have people sit in the back at all...

if it has a usb plug you can get a windows OS on it. Just get a external usb dvd drive pop in the windows setup dvd and the way you go. you can load windows OS onto an Apple if you wanted to. Internally they are the same parts. I use to replace network cards in the apple desktops all the time.