DJM drop kit

Guys I am in the middle of dropping my truck using Tony's LCA drop kit.

Can someone please tell me if the entire axle shaft needs to be removed or just the hub side of the axle?

Also I was told the axle nut is 32mm can some one please verify this and the torque of the axle nut.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

When I did mine we unbolted the cv shaft from the diff axle and pulled it out. Made things simpler. Can't comment on the nut size however.

Should be picking my truck up Monday.. 2/3 LCA's upfront and 2" shackles in rear. Setup level with no rake to it. Broke a upper control arm bolt trying to dial the camber in else I would of had it back Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

Cant remember what the big nut size is (it is on this site somewhere) and yes remove the large nut and also the 6 bolts on the inner side. Should be able to work the cv shaft out of the way. Will make life much easier when you go to removing the spindle from the stock LCA.

Also I just noticed that my torsion bar is about an 1/8 in away from hitting my frame where the LCA poly bushing pocket is and fear that once the truck is on the ground the bar will hit.With my factory LCA the torsion bar was further away from the frame.

Can someone give me some insight here please?

My drop has turned into a disaster on the front side....

Had to put new bushings in upper control arms to allow enough movement of the camber adjustment bolts, it was so far in the other direction than they had ever gone that they wouldn't turn. One snapped so we went ahead and put all new ones in...

Then the toe was to far out and the tie rod ends wouldn't turn anymore, so they had to cut the ends to allow for more travel inward...

Not looking forward to the bill for this... :( Hope it rides better as well. should feel a bit better with all new bushings in the front now...

Wow sounds like the front had some issues prior to lowering. I'm no mechanic and with help installed the same kit with no issues. Bummer it was such a struggle. And I love the way the truck handles after the drop.

Wow sounds like the front had some issues prior to lowering. I'm no mechanic and with help installed the same kit with no issues. Bummer it was such a struggle. And I love the way the truck handles after the drop.

Limited sorry for all your issues, actually most of my front end has come apart using basic hand tools so I have been lucky so far.

130k miles and from the rust belt has done no favors for me.... Needs a bed and some rockers. Drivetrain has no leaks and shifts like new, so give and takes here...

Major problems in the front were simply due to having to adjust so far in the opposing direction from where it was.

When I get the truck it had the torsion bars cranked down to drop the front, so we corrected that and had no issues dialing in the toe / camber...

I am not upset by any means... I expected this...

For Russ (mechanic doing the work) to take this photo I would say he is frustrated!

10170810_10152013570446784_2052202739658

Yeah my rears required some cutting of the bolt heads for the shackle bolts... also rust belt problems... Spare tire was stuck in the up position, safety was rusted to much! All things needed some love and are working now supposedly... Should pick it up tomorrow...

Luckily its a family owned business and my old man has been having the mechanic work on the truck in his down time while he waits for parts on other jobs.

It's on the rack... Turned all the way in and toe is still out of spec. All work is being done at family's business...8 bays, alignment rack and been in business for 42 years... I have faith in my fathers guys to get the job done right. It wouldn't be modding a truck if it didn't take modifications.

And yes it aligned to spec prior to this, so rule that issue out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

Edited by Limited360 (see edit history)