The toys

Looks awesome man. Love the setup, that Boat looks great hooked up the the Black SS! I was surprised also by the towing power, I was used to towing with diesels and had low expectations when I first towed with mine due to it being a gasser. Plenty of power, and to my surprise the transmission wasn't hunting at all, it kept in it the power band when needed, and shifted when it Should.

Thanks guys! I don't like how tow/haul runs higher rpm so i shifted into 3rd and it felt like it had a ton more power and shifted alot better. And she stopped it with ease. Now to see if moms new ecoboost can tow it better Lol sad to say but from what I've heard her fords gonna pull it like a loaf of bread

Thanks guys! I don't like how tow/haul runs higher rpm so i shifted into 3rd and it felt like it had a ton more power and shifted alot better. And she stopped it with ease. Now to see if moms new ecoboost can tow it better Lol sad to say but from what I've heard her fords gonna pull it like a loaf of bread

I haven't been real happy with the tow function on my truck either but then my boat/trailer is light enough that I don't need to use it. (Only towing short distances anyway).

:pop: Waiting on the report on how the eco boost works out.

I'll let ya know johnny. Its rated at towing 9600lbs. I being a 3.5L with twin turbos I can't wait ether. We've gotta wait 3 more weeks to pick it up sense the GMC is still in a lease till then.

The ecoboost will out tow the SS for Sure. They are beasts when towing.

Are you talking you ran it in 3rd when on the highway? Not sure how you would have more power in 3rd. My experience is towhaul is overkill and holds gears too long, making it really jumpy around town.

They are beasts. that's what my dad sells is fords for the last few years and I've been impressed with them even being a Chevy guy sense birth. but no I was in 3rd only in town. Didn't touch the highway.

Edited by C-RichSS (see edit history)

Awww gotcha. I guess being in 3rd, it never let your truck shift into overdrive which helps... also when in 3rd, the torque converted stays unlocked I believe.

I was wondering how that worked. Thanks for the info. I dropped it in 3rd and expected it to stay but then it started shifting and that threw me off on how I thought it worked. I never went faster than 40mph. only took it from the shed across town to the house and then back later that night