maybe i'm just over thinking it...

that1dood

So my current set up is AWD on a 3/4 drop. I know the general consensus is that anything more than 3 inches drop in the front will cause problems because of the front axles... The idea I've been kicking around is to get a set of 17's and run a 28" or 29" tall tire on them for track use and maybe a little street time when on the spray... My thinking is this though: if I'm already pretty much at the limit of what my axles can handle, I will run into problems running a tire a couple of inches shorter than stock because I'm essentially lowering the truck another 1-2 inches depending on which tire size i end up with. am i thinking about this correctly or am i way out in left field? somebody set me straight please! thanks

Also, if anybody has any pictures of their truck lowered with a 17" wheel/ 28" tire combo please post em up!

Edited by that1dood (see edit history)

awesome thanks for the input guys. one of the drawbacks of being in the military and sitting around on call doing nothing all day is I sometimes start to over think and over complicate things..

Now time to start the hunt for a good set of donor wheels :peelout: